• Design and Technology

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Features at the Price Point

Votes: 4 33.3%
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think you were talking to me? If so, I don't have it yet. It's on order and was just built a week ago on the 12th. Probably have it within a few weeks or less I think.

I'll definitely let you know on the mpg. I'm pretty anal when it comes comparing the computer vs hand calculating, yearly tracking etc., so I should be able to give some accurate numbers.
ahh ok.

fuelly.com is your best friend in that case! love that site

·
Registered
9 Posts
hand is always the most accurate. From what I understand most on board calculators track fuel flow not actual consumption so often times the figures are not a true representation...
Oh yeah, definitely aware of that. I just like to always compare the two but will ultimately go with hand calculation. Also like to check it over at least a couple tanks in case I'm off on the level between 1st and last fillup. I do write every fillup down though so can pick just about any amount of time or miles and check it.

Some guys put on 200 miles and fillup. If they don't spend some time playing with the nozzle to get the gas level to where they can see it on both fillups, it can start to vary 4 mpg and up real easy with just a 1/2 gallon off.

I realize most everyone knows this but just clarifying I try to do it the most accurate way I can.

I'm tracking the Z on the rail right now and it went from 4/5 eta yesterday to 4/9 this morning and a couple hours later it's 4/11 eta! I'm thinking it may be going backwards now ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Oh yeah, definitely aware of that. I just like to always compare the two but will ultimately go with hand calculation. Also like to check it over at least a couple tanks in case I'm off on the level between 1st and last fillup. I do write every fillup down though so can pick just about any amount of time or miles and check it.

Some guys put on 200 miles and fillup. If they don't spend some time playing with the nozzle to get the gas level to where they can see it on both fillups, it can start to vary 4 mpg and up real easy with just a 1/2 gallon off.

I realize most everyone knows this but just clarifying I try to do it the most accurate way I can.

I'm tracking the Z on the rail right now and it went from 4/5 eta yesterday to 4/9 this morning and a couple hours later it's 4/11 eta! I'm thinking it may be going backwards now ;)

LOL, its likely thats based on shipping projections. They wont just ship your MKZ by itself right. They're likely tracking new bespoke orders and waiting until they can fill a full rail car before yours moves out.

Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about, just rationalizing based on what seems logical :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
LOL, its likely thats based on shipping projections. They wont just ship your MKZ by itself right. They're likely tracking new bespoke orders and waiting until they can fill a full rail car before yours moves out.

Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about, just rationalizing based on what seems logical :D
Very true. I should've mentioned it was in Nogales, AZ when I was getting the updates so would assume the cars might have been filled already at the plant but who knows on the logistics of the rail. I'm sure there is a bunch of connections and possible waiting for other cars to fill the line for the trip North.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For what its worth, I just recently made a trip from Louisville to Columbus Indiana. The drive was mainly highway but I did do a decent amount in town. All in all, sprited driving included:D, I managed 351 miles on 14 gallons. Again, this was with VERY spirited driving. Its just too fun to go slow and who doesn't like playing with other drivers.:p I tend to average around 23 in the city and 27.5 on the expressway.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
For what its worth, I just recently made a trip from Louisville to Columbus Indiana. The drive was mainly highway but I did do a decent amount in town. All in all, sprited driving included:D, I managed 351 miles on 14 gallons. Again, this was with VERY spirited driving. Its just too fun to go slow and who doesn't like playing with other drivers.:p I tend to average around 23 in the city and 27.5 on the expressway.
hey thanks not too shab, BTW you with an Ecoboost or the 6? AWD by chance??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drove both and didn't find the 3.7 to be too special, so I went with the EcoBoost. No AWD. I wish they would put the 3.5 EcoBoost in the MKZ but that's obviously not happening. :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I drove both and didn't find the 3.7 to be too special, so I went with the EcoBoost. No AWD. I wish they would put the 3.5 EcoBoost in the MKZ but that's obviously not happening. :(
Yea the 3.7 has never been inspiring in ANYTHING hehh

But the 3.5 Eco COULD :D. Theres rumor of a lincoln Red Label performance line, would that be bonkers if Lincoln hot rodded the MKZ with the 3.5 Eco, or actually even better, how about the 2.7 Eco 6 that supposed to debut in the '15 F150 ;)

Hopefully the decision is made to offer the 2.3 Eco from the MKC and Mustang going forward. I think they really need to make a push to differentiate the Z from the Fusion, and I think engines are the number one place to start... oh and maybe standard AWD..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea the 3.7 has never been inspiring in ANYTHING hehh

But the 3.5 Eco COULD :D. Theres rumor of a lincoln Red Label performance line, would that be bonkers if Lincoln hot rodded the MKZ with the 3.5 Eco, or actually even better, how about the 2.7 Eco 6 that supposed to debut in the '15 F150 ;)

Hopefully the decision is made to offer the 2.3 Eco from the MKC and Mustang going forward. I think they really need to make a push to differentiate the Z from the Fusion, and I think engines are the number one place to start... oh and maybe standard AWD..
I couldn't agree more. The 2.0 is fun but it leaves me wanting for more. I think they will keep the 3.5 eco for the MKS but the 2.3 would be great. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I couldn't agree more. The 2.0 is fun but it leaves me wanting for more. I think they will keep the 3.5 eco for the MKS but the 2.3 would be great. :D
:D

Speaking of MKS, if they weren't so demmed stubborn and committed to FWD bias they could of offered the 5.0 coyote in the MKS to put it at least on par with other Luxury Saloons. Every self respecting luxury marquee offers a V8 in their range topping saloon...

·
Registered
17 Posts
What was it really that drew you to the MKZ?

Are you a Lincoln loyalist and refuse to drive anything other?

Liked the Fusion but didn't want to be so mainstream?

Design and Technology?

Or was it because there is no other car in segment that offers you the same features at that price point? To me this is the biggie, you can absolutely option an A6 or 5er to the same spec as MKZ, good luck getting out with your wallet in tact, I mean we're talking like $15-20K more for the german...

for my 2011 model it was due to features and reliability compared to Japanese cars, but after dealing with my dealer (Wayne NJ) I sold on continually buying Lincolns. I felt I got service and followup that exceeded Infiniti and Acura dealers by me.

As for the new MKZ I don't like the My Lincoln Touch System and it is a big overpriced considering the MKC will be priced at $34k and the MKZ is $35k. If Lincoln drops the all touch system and just the price to $32k I will defiantly buy one. $35k is just too tempting to go C Class or 3 Series.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started looking at the MKZ back in 2013 and the more i researched it, the more i fell in love with this car. Lincoln really has stepped up to the plate with this model. I thought I'd wait until the 2014 model came out because a friend told me to never buy the first year model of a car because that is when the cars flaws are discovered and get fixed for the following year model. It sure was hard to wait, especially everytime I would see someone driving one. But I finally purchased my MKZ Hybrid in February 2014 and delighted to drive this awesome piece a machinery. Can't get enough of it and love to drive everywhere with it. I have gotten many compliments on it. I love to watch the guys at the car wash trying to figure how to move the car because they don't realize the gears are push button now in this car. Best purchase of my life.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts