Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting that he says the a/c is lacking. Our MKZ bought 4 days ago really cranks out the cold air better than our previous 2011 MKS (which may account for less than optimum mpg as well as the car being new). The temps here in southern NV are now over 100 during the day and you could get comfortable in the car even if you wore a jacket, lol!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is your MKZ a hybrid? I feel like the battery power that is used for the hybrid engine may take away power from the AC system. That's just my guess.
If that question was for me, the answer is "yes". The a/c is incredibly cold. As for the battery, I would guess that with temps here over 100F that it is negatively affecting mpgs.
Still, on a trip to the store yesterday, we got 42.6mpg going there and 36.7mpg coming back. (Distance 9.7 miles.) Hard to understand the difference as the roads are pretty flat here in the valley.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.