Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the MKZ is a great car, but my only gripe is that there is no manual transmission. I'm hoping Lincoln will offer one in the near future. But I doubt it, it seems to be the growing trend in the auto industry.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A manual transmission won't be suitable for a car like the MKZ. I rather have a manual transmission in the future mustang platform based Lincoln.

Not sure what transmission the MKZ comes with but a DCT would be nice, not only will we get really fast shifting but it will be smooth and seamless, best way to make a luxury sedan even more luxurious

·
Registered
88 Posts
come on really a manual in a MKZ. Did you forget that you are buying for luxury and not sport. I would hate dealing with a manual in the city especially in a MKZ. It wouldn't make sense.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not a manual fan for the MKZ either, not that it would be a big issue since I have been driving manual since I was 15. But when we invest in a vehicle like the MKZ I am sure you want to be comfortable and just enjoy rather than using the third pedal in heavy traffic. a DCT would make more sense but more suit for the 3.7L v6 for its power.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the MKZ is a great car, but my only gripe is that there is no manual transmission. I'm hoping Lincoln will offer one in the near future. But I doubt it, it seems to be the growing trend in the auto industry.
I would agree but only if the MKZ had a performance line. The way the MKZ is market and what is known for is too luxurious to have a manual transmission. It would make more sense to have a DCT for those moments when you want to have a bit more control. Just look at some of the new sport cars there are fewer and fewer manual transmission being used.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would agree but only if the MKZ had a performance line. The way the MKZ is market and what is known for is too luxurious to have a manual transmission. It would make more sense to have a DCT for those moments when you want to have a bit more control. Just look at some of the new sport cars there are fewer and fewer manual transmission being used.
And of course it has to be the v8 in their since it would be the MKZ sports model right ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
A Lincoln performance line is what it's going to take for them to offer a manual transmission in a car like this, but Lincoln isn't even close to that stage, they are still trying to bring the younger crowd in, this is their first really good attempt. Just gotta wait it out and see how well the MKZ does, if well enough, it might justify a manual transmission option.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Seems like Lincoln along with Oldsmobile are trying to shake off the stereotype of being for the mature crowd only. It was a different time in the 90s and this is where they are suffering with that pass due idea. The MKZ does have potential to draw in the younger crowd but not the price. After said and done the new 2013 Lincoln MKZ could go up to $40,000 after said and done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand why you guys say it's not suited for the MKZ considering for the MKZ. I just find a manual transmission to be more enjoyable. And I don't find it a problem or hassle like some other drivers.

I think a more performance oriented MKZ would be a great idea.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I understand why you guys say it's not suited for the MKZ considering for the MKZ. I just find a manual transmission to be more enjoyable. And I don't find it a problem or hassle like some other drivers.

I think a more performance oriented MKZ would be a great idea.
True, but the MKZ still isn't a car you get in a manual. It's like trying to buy a crown victoria in manual, yea it would be fun but does it really help the vehicles purpose? probably not.

but there will always be people who want a manual in the odd car, which is cool, but you'll have to look at something else if that's what you want.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A performance orient MKZ wouldn't be a bad idea. Just look at Cadillac they have the CTS-V so why can't there be something along those lines for the Lincoln MKZ. I think it would be a nice battle between those two.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A performance orient MKZ wouldn't be a bad idea. Just look at Cadillac they have the CTS-V so why can't there be something along those lines for the Lincoln MKZ. I think it would be a nice battle between those two.
I agree with you on that. Cadillac is a mature brand too and they have one. there is a market for these types of vehicles just look at the past sales with the CTS-V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts