Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford has unveiled the Mondeo Vignale Concept today. The Mondeo Vignale is basically a Ford Fusion, but it comes with a Vignale badge, extra chrome, upgraded materials, 20" wheels, all the latest technologies, leather seats, and a new paint color called Nocciola.

So it is Lincoln Black Label on a Ford Fussion that has a different badge. Wait, that actually sounds better than a Lincoln MKZ with Black Label trim! That must be why it will only be sold in Europe.

On top of the actual car, you also get free lifetime car washes with the package, and that I woudn't complain about.

Not much other info, but you can read a bit more here.

Maybe one day Lincoln will die and they will bring over Vignale from Europe to be the luxury division. Doesn't seem like a bad back up plan to me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ford has unveiled the Mondeo Vignale Concept today. The Mondeo Vignale is basically a Ford Fusion, but it comes with a Vignale badge, extra chrome, upgraded materials, 20" wheels, all the latest technologies, leather seats, and a new paint color called Nocciola.

So it is Lincoln Black Label on a Ford Fussion that has a different badge. Wait, that actually sounds better than a Lincoln MKZ with Black Label trim! That must be why it will only be sold in Europe.

On top of the actual car, you also get free lifetime car washes with the package, and that I woudn't complain about.

Not much other info, but you can read a bit more here.

Maybe one day Lincoln will die and they will bring over Vignale from Europe to be the luxury division. Doesn't seem like a bad back up plan to me.

Vignale seems like a trim level not a separate brand, its exactly equal to Lincolns black label. and the Mondeo is just a different name for the North American Fusion, actually where do you think our Fusion came from? It was a Mondeo first!

Lincoln is not going anywhere, ford is not killing a 70 year old brand to begin building an all new brand based off a trim level. Lincoln will stay, Lincoln will save itself.

The Lincoln Mustang is going to do that :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Ford Mondeo looks much better than the Fusion it's based off of, this is a look Ford should consider going for, it will give the Fusion a much higher status

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vignale seems like a trim level not a separate brand, its exactly equal to Lincolns black label. and the Mondeo is just a different name for the North American Fusion, actually where do you think our Fusion came from? It was a Mondeo first!

Lincoln is not going anywhere, ford is not killing a 70 year old brand to begin building an all new brand based off a trim level. Lincoln will stay, Lincoln will save itself.

The Lincoln Mustang is going to do that :D
I do think that it is a trim level, but it is important to note that the car will wear a Vignale badge. I am not sure if this is instead of the Ford badge, or in addition to the Ford badge.

Also realize that this Vignale trim level is available for the Mondeo (Fusion) and is not only for Lincoln vehicles (I don't think Europe has a Lincoln equivalent.) Black label will not be offered for the Fusion. So there are differences.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The european models always tend to have more chrome and sport a more luxurious stance. Look much like the fusion but better dress for the ball.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I do think that it is a trim level, but it is important to note that the car will wear a Vignale badge. I am not sure if this is instead of the Ford badge, or in addition to the Ford badge.

Also realize that this Vignale trim level is available for the Mondeo (Fusion) and is not only for Lincoln vehicles (I don't think Europe has a Lincoln equivalent.) Black label will not be offered for the Fusion. So there are differences.
Yea, it will wear a Vignale badge instead of a Mondeo badge, Europe doesnt have a Lincoln equivalent from Ford and thats why the Mondeo gets special treatment instead of a European MKZ which doesn't exist.

Oh and RothC please explain what exactly you think is better looking on the Mondeo than on the Fusion. The only styling difference is the Mondeo vs Fusion badge, any differences is purely psychological...

The Vignale just looks like a luxed up Fusion Titanium

·
Registered
140 Posts
What's with the picture of the twins (one in dress, one in denim) beside the car. I'll guess its actually the same person. Does the Mondeo have a cloning machine in it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts