Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think I agree - I'd say right now the front of the BMW is a level higher (most likely because we are all just used to it and BMW hasn't changed the look in decades, so it's iconic) but the tail of the MKZ is much better.

At the same time, as an owner, while exterior is important, 99% of the time, I'm looking at the interior.
It is true that you end up seeing the interior of the car far more than the exterior as an owner, but I think the exterior is just as important. I know its vain, but art of the reason why you get a luxury car as opposed to a clunker is because of the way it looks when passersby look at your car. I don't want people to think I have an ugly car even if the inside is remarkable. I also like the back end of the MKZ but I think the front end could use a second look maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is true that you end up seeing the interior of the car far more than the exterior as an owner, but I think the exterior is just as important. I know its vain, but art of the reason why you get a luxury car as opposed to a clunker is because of the way it looks when passersby look at your car. I don't want people to think I have an ugly car even if the inside is remarkable. I also like the back end of the MKZ but I think the front end could use a second look maybe.

They just need to flatten the nose a bit. I still like the look as-is.

·
Registered
437 Posts
if you've ever seen a MKZ in person you would know its not that feminine.

Those bulges on the hood are actually pretty aggressive.
Yup, At first when you see it from the rear end at a distance you won't even think it's American, you'll question yourself if it's some high end European vehicle. Believe it or not, at first I thought it might have been some sort of new Aston Martin, or something british or european.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Big difference

I have had mine for 4 months. The area of Atlantic Beach I live in has many "nicer cars". When I take mine to the Auto Spa, the guys leave the BMWs and Mercedes to check out mine. I park next to SL 550's on a regular and spectators prefer the looks of mine over the $125K Mercedes. I am sorry, but the Fusion CAN NOT bring that appeal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lets just say you get what you paid for. People always bring up the point where you can have the MKZ for cheaper and the solution is the Ford Focus. But it just looks... bland.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lets just say you get what you paid for. People always bring up the point where you can have the MKZ for cheaper and the solution is the Ford Focus. But it just looks... bland.
Ford Focus? I think you mean the Fusion. The Fusion is the perfect MKZ alternative, Ford Focus is for people who dream of owning a Fusion or even a MKZ :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sadly, I think a lot o people would rather have a Ford Fusion than a Lincoln MKZ. Ford's reputation is far superior to its struggling luxury brand. If you get the Fusion fully loaded I'm sure that it is still a really nice vehicle. Probably very comparable to the MKZ.

****, in Europe the Fusion is called the Mondeo and it gets its own Black Label treatment.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sadly, I think a lot o people would rather have a Ford Fusion than a Lincoln MKZ. Ford's reputation is far superior to its struggling luxury brand. If you get the Fusion fully loaded I'm sure that it is still a really nice vehicle. Probably very comparable to the MKZ.

****, in Europe the Fusion is called the Mondeo and it gets its own Black Label treatment.
because europe doesnt have Lincoln....

Also i want to respond to the quote about Lincolns head saying Lincoln is not real luxury. I think that is being blown out of proportion. It was a battle cry to get better. Meaning Lincoln wants to move upwards towards Cadillac. its not an admission of failure.

As for the MKZ and Fusion, mechanically yes they are identical, no one will refute that. BUT go down the standard features of a base fusion and a base MKZ, you will easily notice $10K worth of difference in the MKZ.

And as another poster pointed out, people look at the MKZ, people notice it. The Fusion is gorgeous as well and quite unique from the rest of its midsize competition, MKZ takes that to another level.

You know whats funny is the same people who harp on Ford for doing this, will drool over Acura, Lexus or Infiniti when they do the exact same thing, JUST WORSE....

SAME CAR, the top is the toyota avalon, the bottom is the lexus ES..

Or like someone else mentioned the Escalade and the Tahoe... Where does that premium come from...

·
Registered
437 Posts
because europe doesnt have Lincoln....

Also i want to respond to the quote about Lincolns head saying Lincoln is not real luxury. I think that is being blown out of proportion. It was a battle cry to get better. Meaning Lincoln wants to move upwards towards Cadillac. its not an admission of failure.

As for the MKZ and Fusion, mechanically yes they are identical, no one will refute that. BUT go down the standard features of a base fusion and a base MKZ, you will easily notice $10K worth of difference in the MKZ.

And as another poster pointed out, people look at the MKZ, people notice it. The Fusion is gorgeous as well and quite unique from the rest of its midsize competition, MKZ takes that to another level.

You know whats funny is the same people who harp on Ford for doing this, will drool over Acura, Lexus or Infiniti when they do the exact same thing, JUST WORSE....

SAME CAR, the top is the toyota avalon, the bottom is the lexus ES..

Or like someone else mentioned the Escalade and the Tahoe... Where does that premium come from...
It's why I can never call cars like these true luxury, it's just an imitation of luxury. But this imitated luxury does have it's role in the market for people not looking to spend more than $50k on a car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When it comes to luxury the brand stands out and speaks. For those who are brand ***** you could see them sporting the lexus over the toyota simply because of the brand. And yes not every body is willing to spend the money on something so similiar.

·
Registered
303 Posts
When it comes to luxury the brand stands out and speaks. For those who are brand ***** you could see them sporting the lexus over the toyota simply because of the brand. And yes not every body is willing to spend the money on something so similiar.
But thats my problem exactly. They dont even give you the appearance of being unique. At least MKZ and Fusion differ from each other style wise

the fusion and MKZ do a much better job of distinguishing themselves IMO

·
Registered
303 Posts
i dont know what Jalopnik wants out of the MKZ to make it valuable for them, I'm sure those guys are expecting the MKZ to lay gold bricks at their feet, wash their hair and build sand castles...

oh well, opinions suck

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.