Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Why did the head of Lincoln say that Lincoln was not real luxury? He is right, but that doesn't mean he should say it out loud. Making such a statement immediately lowers the reputation and value of Lincoln's vehicles. He basically admitted that they are over-priced. Some PR person at Ford is not very happy about that statement.

·
Registered
132 Posts
honestly it really depends what you consider luxury. there is no definition of what makes a car a luxury car
Luxury is more of a feeling. You just know if something is luxurious or not. It doesn't have to cost a lot, it doesn't have to have every option. It could, but it doesn't have to. It just needs to be a nice vehicle. I think some type of status is common across all luxurious items though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is why they have different classes of luxury. Anyone familiar with cars won't put the luxury of a brand new Mercedes in-line with an Acura. One is entry-level luxury (Acura) and the Mercedes is high-end luxury. Even a brand new HONDA with leather seats and leather on the door panels can be considered luxurious to some, but to some guy driving a 2013 S-Class it's an imitation of luxury.
This is what I mean about luxury being a feeling. It's in the eye of the beholder. One man's luxury is another man's trash.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sadly, I think a lot o people would rather have a Ford Fusion than a Lincoln MKZ. Ford's reputation is far superior to its struggling luxury brand. If you get the Fusion fully loaded I'm sure that it is still a really nice vehicle. Probably very comparable to the MKZ.

****, in Europe the Fusion is called the Mondeo and it gets its own Black Label treatment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.