Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jalopnik ranked the Lincoln MKZ as the number 3 most overpriced car on sale following the Cadillac Escalade ($63.745) and the Aston Martin Cygnet ($45,595.)

The Lincoln MKZ starts at $35,925, and that is a far step up from the Fusion which starts at $21,900. Feel free to argue this point, but the two cars are pretty much the same. This is a common problem with many entry-level luxury sedans, but Lincoln does it particularly well.

Is the Lincoln MKZ over-priced? Is it the Lincoln MKZ in particular, or is this a problem with all entry-level luxury sedans?

The Ten Most Overpriced Cars On Sale

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Instrument panel looks way better on the MKZ. I think most people agree that the inside of the MKZ is beautiful. It's the exterior that falls flat compared to other luxury cars IMO. Is it terrible? no. But I am not the biggest fan of the grille and a BMW's exterior looks far more appealing for sure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think I agree - I'd say right now the front of the BMW is a level higher (most likely because we are all just used to it and BMW hasn't changed the look in decades, so it's iconic) but the tail of the MKZ is much better.

At the same time, as an owner, while exterior is important, 99% of the time, I'm looking at the interior.
It is true that you end up seeing the interior of the car far more than the exterior as an owner, but I think the exterior is just as important. I know its vain, but art of the reason why you get a luxury car as opposed to a clunker is because of the way it looks when passersby look at your car. I don't want people to think I have an ugly car even if the inside is remarkable. I also like the back end of the MKZ but I think the front end could use a second look maybe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I think at a certain point its not about the more tangible differences between cars, and its more about how inspired people are by the vehicle. People are less moved by the Lincoln brand, they don't find Lincolns iconic anymore. Lincoln needs to come up with something that is signature again. It needs to do something better than every other company does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.