Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
honestly it really depends what you consider luxury. there is no definition of what makes a car a luxury car
This is why they have different classes of luxury. Anyone familiar with cars won't put the luxury of a brand new Mercedes in-line with an Acura. One is entry-level luxury (Acura) and the Mercedes is high-end luxury. Even a brand new HONDA with leather seats and leather on the door panels can be considered luxurious to some, but to some guy driving a 2013 S-Class it's an imitation of luxury.

·
Registered
437 Posts
if you've ever seen a MKZ in person you would know its not that feminine.

Those bulges on the hood are actually pretty aggressive.
Yup, At first when you see it from the rear end at a distance you won't even think it's American, you'll question yourself if it's some high end European vehicle. Believe it or not, at first I thought it might have been some sort of new Aston Martin, or something british or european.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lets just say you get what you paid for. People always bring up the point where you can have the MKZ for cheaper and the solution is the Ford Focus. But it just looks... bland.
Ford Focus? I think you mean the Fusion. The Fusion is the perfect MKZ alternative, Ford Focus is for people who dream of owning a Fusion or even a MKZ :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
because europe doesnt have Lincoln....

Also i want to respond to the quote about Lincolns head saying Lincoln is not real luxury. I think that is being blown out of proportion. It was a battle cry to get better. Meaning Lincoln wants to move upwards towards Cadillac. its not an admission of failure.

As for the MKZ and Fusion, mechanically yes they are identical, no one will refute that. BUT go down the standard features of a base fusion and a base MKZ, you will easily notice $10K worth of difference in the MKZ.

And as another poster pointed out, people look at the MKZ, people notice it. The Fusion is gorgeous as well and quite unique from the rest of its midsize competition, MKZ takes that to another level.

You know whats funny is the same people who harp on Ford for doing this, will drool over Acura, Lexus or Infiniti when they do the exact same thing, JUST WORSE....

SAME CAR, the top is the toyota avalon, the bottom is the lexus ES..

Or like someone else mentioned the Escalade and the Tahoe... Where does that premium come from...
It's why I can never call cars like these true luxury, it's just an imitation of luxury. But this imitated luxury does have it's role in the market for people not looking to spend more than $50k on a car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.