Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lincoln issued a recall for certain 2013 and 2014 model-year MKZ Hybrid vehicles. The problem is a faulty sensor in the transmission that can result in the sensor thinking the car is in neutral even when it's in park. This allows the driver the shift without having to press on the brake pedal, which violates a federal regulation that all new vehicles must comply with.

The affected vehicles are built between April 26th, 2012 and September 24th, 2013 and should count about 7,100 units in the US and 170 in Canada.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Hopefully this hasn't left anyone stranded. Transmission problems, even being something as simple as a sensor can turn out bad on the road.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This sounds like an issue that could actually cause some harm for people. Seems like Lincoln is on top of it though. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
7,100, is that a lot of MKZs? It doesn't seem like the biggest recall and I bet that there haven't been that many people who have even noticed the problem. I think its less of a real safety threat and more because Lincoln has to make sure its abiding by regulations.

·
Registered
437 Posts
7,100, is that a lot of MKZs? It doesn't seem like the biggest recall and I bet that there haven't been that many people who have even noticed the problem. I think its less of a real safety threat and more because Lincoln has to make sure its abiding by regulations.
This is true, although im sure most have had their dealer contact them about it. Some people are just slow to react.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I broke the "news" to the Drive & ride rep at the LA Auto Show back on Turkey day of this year....wasn't aware of the issue...I'm sure it's just a small recall

·
Registered
303 Posts
its nothing serious. There was a point in time where you could do this on almost anything... Its not like theres a gear lever for you to accidentally smack....

·
Registered
437 Posts
those "reps" at the auto show usually dont know much to be honest.
This is true, rarely do you find people that really know a lot. They sometimes send people from dealerships to the shows, sometimes those are the people that really know a wealth of info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts