Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently Ford produces more than 700 MKZ Hybrids each month, yet it was announced this week that they will double production of its 2014 MKZ Hybrid sedan. Vice president of Ford's global product development, Raj Nair, claimed that 40% of MKZ production will be dedicated to making hybrids, compared to the initial 20% production mix from 2013. The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is a popular choice as it has had the same base price as the standard gasoline-engine since 2010. Anyone own/driven a MKZ Hybrid?

·
Registered
84 Posts
So does this mean that the demand for the hybrid has gone up or is ford just out of their mind to making more dead stock of luxury hybrid that won't sell. I just don;t see the demand for them..yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So does this mean that the demand for the hybrid has gone up or is ford just out of their mind to making more dead stock of luxury hybrid that won't sell. I just don;t see the demand for them..yet.
Well I don't blame them for trying because if that is what it will take to draw more consumers to the MKZ then so be it.

they can base the sales somewhat from the hybrid ford fusion since that is its close sibling. For a bit more you can have a luxury hybrid. I see what they are trying to do though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1400 Lincoln MKZs? What are they going to do with the leftovers of the other half when they don't sell in the lots. By next year those models will have to go through some sort of sale or incentive to get rid of the sitting stock. oh my.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The MKZ Hybrid has been steadily growing in popularity. It has contributed to Ford going from 12 percent market share in the US hybrid market to 16 percent. Since the MKZ Hybrid will have the same base cost as the gas only MKZ, I think a lot of people will opt for the hybrid version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently Ford produces more than 700 MKZ Hybrids each month, yet it was announced this week that they will double production of its 2014 MKZ Hybrid sedan. Vice president of Ford's global product development, Raj Nair, claimed that 40% of MKZ production will be dedicated to making hybrids, compared to the initial 20% production mix from 2013. The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is a popular choice as it has had the same base price as the standard gasoline-engine since 2010. Anyone own/driven a MKZ Hybrid?
I just bought the MKZ hybrid and love it. Easily over 50mpg in city as long as I don't turn on the AC. Comfortable ride and great stereo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I don't blame them for trying because if that is what it will take to draw more consumers to the MKZ then so be it.

they can base the sales somewhat from the hybrid ford fusion since that is its close sibling. For a bit more you can have a luxury hybrid. I see what they are trying to do though.
I would say the demand has gone up. When I was looking, I had a hard time finding one. The dealer said they sell them within days of arriving on their lots. When I picked mine up they had just received 2 the day before and the one I wanted already had a hold on it. They called the person and he let it go, so I was very lucky to get the one with the color and options I wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts