Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Has anybody noticed any power problems with the power of MKZ H. I live in the hills and am concerned.
Some people will describe it differently depending on the vehicle they're coming from. It might be best if you try test driving one your dealer may have.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Has anybody noticed any power problems with the power of MKZ H. I live in the hills and am concerned.
electric power delivers instant torque so in terms MKZ in the hills purely electric you should have no concerns.

·
Registered
437 Posts
electric power delivers instant torque so in terms MKZ in the hills purely electric you should have no concerns.
x2.

and even better, going down and braking going down hill you're building back that power at a good rate, got to love hills!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have driven my MKZ H through the mountains on trips from Phoenix to San Diego and have no concerns about a lack of power. In case you have never driven through these mountains in California you are going from about sea level in the desert to over 4000 feet and back down to sea level in San Diego. The MKZ handles it just fine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have driven my MKZ H through the mountains on trips from Phoenix to San Diego and have no concerns about a lack of power. In case you have never driven through these mountains in California you are going from about sea level in the desert to over 4000 feet and back down to sea level in San Diego. The MKZ handles it just fine.
about all you needed to know.

How did it handle?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The MKZ H handles great going through the mountains. On one trip we had fairly strong winds but since the MKZ is a low profile vehicle there was little wind effect. Other trips we have taken my wife's Highlander and you will definitely feel the wind as it is has a much higher profile. So far the MKZ has been a great vehicle around town and on the highway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy the hybrid over the gas-powered MKZ. They cost literally the same amount of money, so that whole time to make up your original investment in the hybrid just doesn't apply. Does anyone know of a reason why someone would choose the gas powered MKZ over the hybrid?

Glad to hear no problems with the MKZ hybrid. Did you get pitched the Black Label trims when you were buying?
The reason is simple:

MKZ Hybrid = 188 HP
MKZ 3.7L = 300 HP

·
Registered
1 Posts
repinbox

They are all great cars. You simple choose the one that makes you happy and move on.
bacsituyentienliet.com/neu-dau-tuyen-tien-liet-ban-rat-co-gap-phai-nhung-benh-nay.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like MKZ ..

I purchased my 2013 MKZ hybrid in early May. Major reasons for purchasing this particular car were the gas mileage, how the car looks and it's exceptionally quiet ride.
I now have about 2500 miles on it and I easily get 41 to 42 miles per gallon in city driving. I reset the mpg gauge after each fill up and the 41 to 42 mpgs has been very consistent.
I have had 0 problems with the car so far. I did take it to the dealer for the software upgrade but other than that I have not had a single issue with my MKZ.
The quiet ride is one of the features I really enjoy about the MKZ. Every person who has ridden in the car has commented on how quiet it is. Prior to owning the MKZ I drove a Cadillac DTS and both my wife and I agree that the MKZ has a quieter ride than the Cadillac.
I will continue to post comments about my MKZ both good and bad (if I have any issues).
I Like MKZ but Cadillac is my Fav ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
....or that hybrids are junk? The reason Lincoln even made the MKZ Hybrid and Petrol cost the same is because no one was buying the Hybrid....

but if you like it, you like it :D

welcome aboard kaz!
No, at the time Hybrids weren’t in big demand. Yet NOW, b/c of what happening to our petro industry in the last 8 months, hybrids are commanding premium prices.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts