Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I purchased my 2013 MKZ hybrid in early May. Major reasons for purchasing this particular car were the gas mileage, how the car looks and it's exceptionally quiet ride.
I now have about 2500 miles on it and I easily get 41 to 42 miles per gallon in city driving. I reset the mpg gauge after each fill up and the 41 to 42 mpgs has been very consistent.
I have had 0 problems with the car so far. I did take it to the dealer for the software upgrade but other than that I have not had a single issue with my MKZ.
The quiet ride is one of the features I really enjoy about the MKZ. Every person who has ridden in the car has commented on how quiet it is. Prior to owning the MKZ I drove a Cadillac DTS and both my wife and I agree that the MKZ has a quieter ride than the Cadillac.
I will continue to post comments about my MKZ both good and bad (if I have any issues).
what year DTS did you guys have?
any other vehicles you guys owned?
if you really want to see how quiet your interior is, test drive a Verano, which has a ton of tech to make the interior quiet, and compare that to your MKZ ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bought my MKZ for $36,000 (before taxes etc.) so there was no premium on buying the hybrid. I did test drive both the Lexus hybrid and the Avalon hybrid both of which I considered very nice cars. The Lexus was about $3000 more than the MKZ while the Avalon was about $1000 more than the MKZ. It was not just cost that figured into my purchasing the MKZ. It's quieter ride along with the looks and 4 year warranty and maintenance were other factors. Overall I felt I got a better car and a better deal with the MKZ. I guess time will tell if that's true. But so far I feel like I made the right decision.
Good point. American cars tend to be quieter and slightly cheaper than their competition from a Japanese brand.

Might be time for Lexus to look into tech to make the interior quiet, to bring them up to part with a brand like Lincoln.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.