Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I purchased my 2013 MKZ hybrid in early May. Major reasons for purchasing this particular car were the gas mileage, how the car looks and it's exceptionally quiet ride.
I now have about 2500 miles on it and I easily get 41 to 42 miles per gallon in city driving. I reset the mpg gauge after each fill up and the 41 to 42 mpgs has been very consistent.
I have had 0 problems with the car so far. I did take it to the dealer for the software upgrade but other than that I have not had a single issue with my MKZ.
The quiet ride is one of the features I really enjoy about the MKZ. Every person who has ridden in the car has commented on how quiet it is. Prior to owning the MKZ I drove a Cadillac DTS and both my wife and I agree that the MKZ has a quieter ride than the Cadillac.
I will continue to post comments about my MKZ both good and bad (if I have any issues).
what year DTS did you guys have?
any other vehicles you guys owned?
if you really want to see how quiet your interior is, test drive a Verano, which has a ton of tech to make the interior quiet, and compare that to your MKZ ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
welcome aboard kaz, good to see a member who is enjoying their vehicle! If you had to choose whats your favorite feature??
It really is nice to hear about someone that is actually enjoying their MKZ, sure beats reading about all the downsides of it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bought my MKZ for $36,000 (before taxes etc.) so there was no premium on buying the hybrid. I did test drive both the Lexus hybrid and the Avalon hybrid both of which I considered very nice cars. The Lexus was about $3000 more than the MKZ while the Avalon was about $1000 more than the MKZ. It was not just cost that figured into my purchasing the MKZ. It's quieter ride along with the looks and 4 year warranty and maintenance were other factors. Overall I felt I got a better car and a better deal with the MKZ. I guess time will tell if that's true. But so far I feel like I made the right decision.
Good point. American cars tend to be quieter and slightly cheaper than their competition from a Japanese brand.

Might be time for Lexus to look into tech to make the interior quiet, to bring them up to part with a brand like Lincoln.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Has anybody noticed any power problems with the power of MKZ H. I live in the hills and am concerned.
Some people will describe it differently depending on the vehicle they're coming from. It might be best if you try test driving one your dealer may have.

·
Registered
437 Posts
electric power delivers instant torque so in terms MKZ in the hills purely electric you should have no concerns.
x2.

and even better, going down and braking going down hill you're building back that power at a good rate, got to love hills!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts