Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess how people see it, is, if you can lease a BMW or Mercedes or even Cadillac that's viewed as being better in the luxury segment, why not get it over Lincoln which is sort of at the bottom.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think the problem is that their vehicles just need some more focus. I really don't know why but it could be just the reputation their brand has.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you look at the luxury segment it is congested by the Germans and Japanese imports. It's a tough segment to compete in.
It's a segment that the germans and japanese will have a hold of for a while unless Lincoln does something different, for now, the MKZ and other Lincolns will be for the smaller niche markets that want something different.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Slowly but surely in time the MKZ might make it up there but for now I wouldn't say it's at the very bottom.

·
Registered
49 Posts
the new MKZ should be able to help change things around over at Lincoln, just watch out for their monthly sales numbers vs the competition, it will be the best indicator to see how well it's doing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
the new MKZ should be able to help change things around over at Lincoln, just watch out for their monthly sales numbers vs the competition, it will be the best indicator to see how well it's doing.
if theres a car to do that...
i agree ..this is it
not sure if it's going to be a hit or miss tho

·
Registered
303 Posts
i think its because of residual values, lincolns have traditionally had poor resale prospects so lease payments have to eat more of the depreciation rate..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts