Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford is recalling a lot of vehicles right now -- doesn't it seem like every company is? After a recall of 1.1 million SUVs this morning, Ford has added another 182,500 sedan models to the recall list.

Of interest to us is the recall of Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ sedans produced between 2006 and 2011. The issue is that the floor mats can be improperly installed in such a way that they stick to the accelerator pedal. Two accidents have are known to have been caused by this problem.

Ford is going to notify owners and fix the issues free of charge.

Ford Recalling 282K Sedans Over Corrosion, Floor Mats » AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well first, the recall effecting the MKZ from 2006 to 2011 are because floor mats! Secondly there are recalls of the "new" 2013-2014 MKZ cars ranging from improper welding for the reclining of the seats, transmission problems, leaking gas, and electrical problems. **** Gina! I test drove the 2013 when it came out and was wowed but passed because you never should by a car in its first year of being released. Was given a 2014 as rental last week and wowed again and made my 2011 look and feel like an antique, but after all these recalls it will take me a couple of generations for me to consider a MKZ again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well first, the recall effecting the MKZ from 2006 to 2011 are because floor mats! Secondly there are recalls of the "new" 2013-2014 MKZ cars ranging from improper welding for the reclining of the seats, transmission problems, leaking gas, and electrical problems. **** Gina! I test drove the 2013 when it came out and was wowed but passed because you never should by a car in its first year of being released. Was given a 2014 as rental last week and wowed again and made my 2011 look and feel like an antique, but after all these recalls it will take me a couple of generations for me to consider a MKZ again.
a wise statement:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I test drove the 2013 when it came out and was wowed but passed because you never should by a car in its first year of being released. Was given a 2014 as rental last week and wowed again and made my 2011 look and feel like an antique, but after all these recalls it will take me a couple of generations for me to consider a MKZ again.
5 of the last 6 new cars I have purchased since 2005 have been 1st year or release vehicles - including a 2013 MKZh (still have it) and 2015 MKC (still have it). The only one I have had major problems with was the one that was not - a 2011 Jeep Wrangler.

Sure, there have been recalls on the various cars - but nothing earth shattering. And many of the recalls were for all the models, not just the 1st year model. Buying a car is a crap shoot. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It is part of the cost of having something new and interesting to drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
5 of the last 6 new cars I have purchased since 2005 have been 1st year or release vehicles - including a 2013 MKZh (still have it) and 2015 MKC (still have it). The only one I have had major problems with was the one that was not - a 2011 Jeep Wrangler.

Sure, there have been recalls on the various cars - but nothing earth shattering. And many of the recalls were for all the models, not just the 1st year model. Buying a car is a crap shoot. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It is part of the cost of having something new and interesting to drive.

I did similarly. Bought a 2007 MKZ (may not truly qualify as a first year model since it was really a renamed Zephyr) and a 2009 MKS and a 2013 MKZ-Hybrid. I didn't encounter any significant problems with them--a few recalls but nothing I would consider a show-stopper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts