Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Straight from Ford vice president of global marketing Jim Farley, we get the news that Lincoln may revive some of its iconic nameplates for vehicles destined to be sold in China. The reason behind this move is that the Chinese still remember the luxury label for its historically famous models, like the Continental range.

I agree with this, but I also am wondering why Lincoln wouldn't bring the Continental back in America as well. The Continental could be a nice Gran Coupe style vehicle.

Would you support a new Lincoln Continental? If yes, what do you thnk this new Continental would actually be?

·
Registered
303 Posts
but what car is going to be labeled continental. MKZ, MKS or a whole new model? It works if they bring it back as a range topping saloon car with RWD. Along the lines of Caddys XTS. But that won't happen.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot is a gran coupe?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yea, I think that the Continental should be the range topper. That would say something about the resurgence of the Lincoln brand too. I think it has to be a brand new model though. They shouldn't rename a model that they already have for CHina or something.

I can't see why they wouldn't bring back the Continental nameplate. It is their big name! That is what Lincoln is known for.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would have to be a departure from the old Continental. That style of car just doesn't make sense in today's market. How do you think they could remake the Continental into something modern?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I disagree! low belt line and a swoopy greenhouse would make the car spectacularily gorgeous compared to the high belted monsters that patrol out streets daily. You say it won't work in the market without a reason, conjecture do I sense? ;)

Everyone loves the Elmiraj, so tell me why a design like this could not work? I mean thats basically what the continental has always been?

Nothing is confirmed here, although Lincoln may consider bringing back Legacy names gloablly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts