Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

LED running lights

25K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  golfball 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find a way to have my LED lights in the front under the turn signals stay on when the car is on. I went to the dealer and all they can do is activate the DRL. The DRL is the headlights on at a lower capacity (I think 80%), but that's not what I'm looking for.

My next thought is to re-wire them to another line that turns on when the ignition is on. Any ideas?

#2 ·
From the manual, the DRL should be ON when the Light Switch is in the Parking, Headlight, or AutoLamp positions.
I found my MKZ appears to have a problem in the programming, because the DRL turns OFF in the daylight when in AutoLamp position. The DRL works in the other 2 positions.
Personally I think the DRL and rear lights should always be ON for safety, and it looks nice :)

#6 · (Edited)
Wait.
So your saying Lincoln thinks of the DRL as your Headlights on low power?
Then what is the purpose of the White LED strings down by the turn signals?

I did notice page 83 of the service manual appears to call them "signature lamps" and not DRL
That would be nice if the dealer can simply plug into the car and properly program the Signature Lamps to come on in AutoLamp mode.

#8 ·
I dont know how much fiddling you plan on doing or what your expertise is, but all i can offer is to be careful. the MKZ is one of the most technologically advanced vehicles on the road and for you to go in a start playing with wires and where they connect has the potential to alter several systems unintentionally...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.