Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford is getting themselves sued. Paice LLC filed a lawsuit accusing for of infringing on their patents with technology in the C-Max, Fusion and MKZ. Supposedly Ford had begun learning from Paice in 1999, holding over 100 meeting with Paice between then and 2004.

Paice is claiming Ford infringes on its patents pertaining to controlling electric motors and internal combustion engines so they have increased fuel efficiency and reduced emissions without any loss of performance. Which is exactly what Ford and Lincoln have been advertising.

US: Ford faces lawsuit over hybrid vehicles patents

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow that snot good at all.
I never thought this would happen to a brand like Ford.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It would certainly be embarrassing for Ford to lose this lawsuit. Ford has amazing lawyers though, and there are two sides to every story. What would happen if Ford loses the suit? Would they put a hold on the sales of all those vehicles (that's what happened in some Samsung/Microsoft patent suit in Germany). Or would Ford just have to pay a crazy fine to Paice and continue paying it for the use of its technology?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I doubt they would have to put a hold sales or anything like that.
If a lawsuit will set them back that much, they shouldn't even be producing and developing the type of cars they are right now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I mean I'm sure that Ford wasn't anticipating a lawsuit over this. Just like how Microsoft wasn't expecting a law suit over the XBox 360.

Are you just expecting a big fine instead then? It would have to be pretty hefty to make up for the profit and market share that Lincoln has gotten through stealing technology.

·
Registered
437 Posts
its the USA.

we sue each other because we don't like how the other dresses.

nothing new.
It's a dog eat dog world.

It happens elsewhere too, just that the U.S. is largely known for it.
What ever setback it is, it won't make a difference on the consumer end

1 - 9 of 9 Posts