Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Lincoln MKZ with 123,000 miles and when i start it up it makes a screeching sound for about 2 seconds and then it goes away and the cars rides perfectly fine afterwards. Any idea on what is causing this screeching sound upon startup?

6 Posts
Sounds like a belt is getting old. You can either get some belt dressing from your local car parts place and spray that on or just replace it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like a belt is getting old. You can either get some belt dressing from your local car parts place and spray that on or just replace it
I concur. Usually if the car doesn't have any problems driving, anything leaking, any dash lights on etc squeaking and screeching sounds can be old belts. Usually the belt needs to be replaced but some cars can have places where there is rub and people add lubricants. I have even heard of a guy rubbing a candle on a belt but I wouldn't try that I'd just find out what the problem is and replace it. Have someone inside the car start it off and on a few times with you listening with the hood up and you can probably pinpoint it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Remove the belt and start your car. Check if there's still the annoying noise.
We will try this trick when we start working on the MKZ, just have to finish first the installation of the brake pads and xd series wheels on the truck this week before we can clear the garage. The MKZ is having random squeaking sound coming from the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are 2011 Lincoln MKZ good cars?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts