Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Mkz hybrid and after reading a few links here and there about drls I decided to ask my dealer to enable them. Well, they listed on the work order that they enabled "adaptive headlights" I know that is wrong but the lower strip of lights is now on all the time regardless of the headlights so something has changed. The question I have is that above those there is another row of LEDs. Driving home from the dealership, at one point they were on and bright. Exactly what I would consider drls. But, after that, they have not come on again. Just the lower strip. The headlight switch is set to auto.

Any thoughts? I need to go back to the dealer so thought I would ask here and see what I learn and possibly formulate a better way to request what I am asking.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Zep. Thanks for the thoughts but after some playing around and paying attention it does seem that what they turned on are the DRLs. I do have the 203A package. Hopefully this works but I am going to attach some pics so you can see what I mean. The cool thing is they behave like Audi DRLs in that when the turn signal is on, the DRL turns off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there. It is pretty cool and I really like seeing it in the reflections of the cars in front of me. Give a nice car even more flare! Since I am know there has been discussion about whether this can be done I am including another pic. This time the line item from the work report. All I asked was for DRLs to be turned on and this is what they stated was the work done:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts