Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford has lowered the MPG rating of the Lincoln MKZ hybrid. Ford says that approximately 200,000 customer s are affected, and those customers will be given cash payments.

The adjustment applies to vehicles other than the Lincoln MKZ hybrid, but for those who have the MKZ hybrid, they will be getting payments of $1,050.

The problem is from an improperly calibrated dynamometer that was used to determine fuel economy ratings.

“We apologize to our customers and will provide goodwill payments to affected owners. We also are taking steps to improve our processes and prevent issues like this from happening again,” Ford CEO Alan Mulally said in a statement today.
Ford Lowers MPG Ratings on Six Vehicles » AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
437 Posts
i wonder if they intentionally messed with the numbers to seem better than the competition

at least they're paying back consumers but likely this benefited them A LOT

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my MKZ Hybrid on Wednesday. I'm wondering how I prevent from getting lost in the 'gap' of buying right before the announcement. While I signed all of the documents, I haven't registered it yet...

FWIW, I used lower calculations for my selection process when deciding on which car to buy due the the real world MPG feedback I was reading online. Don't get me wrong, I still want my $1,050.00! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Amazingly I had a "conversation" with the service manager at my dealership as well as Ford via email a few weeks ago when I was concerned with the MPG I was getting. They both chastised me for not understanding how to calculate MPG. 10 gallons in the tank, 100 miles driven, 10 MPG.. Both parties answered the same way.. "Well, that doesn't take in to account all the factors we do such as driving style, weather, etc.." I called bull. Of course after this announcement I am getting nearly exactly what I would expect based on the new EPA ratings.. 33-34 with careful driving.. Would like to have been proven wrong and get the MPG I was sold on but still love the car and the $1050 will make a few car payments.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought my MKZ Hybrid on Wednesday. I'm wondering how I prevent from getting lost in the 'gap' of buying right before the announcement. While I signed all of the documents, I haven't registered it yet...

FWIW, I used lower calculations for my selection process when deciding on which car to buy due the the real world MPG feedback I was reading online. Don't get me wrong, I still want my $1,050.00! :)
Not sure if you will get the gas vouchers or not. I'd be interested to hear if you get compensation. I guess they won't have to compensate people who bought the MKZ after they corrected the fuel economy rating, but where is that cut off?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what is the new MPG rating for the MKZ Hybrid then? Are you saying 33-34 combined? Its still not bad, but you can't help but feeling lied to in a circumstance like this, and its not like you can just return the car now that you know.

·
Registered
17 Posts

What MPG did your sticker list... they replaced all the stickers when they revised the MPG. If your sticker still says 45/45/45, then you may be getting the rebate... otherwise, I'd expect you're out of luck if it said 38/37/38.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My sticker says 45/45/45. I signed all the docs and drove off Last Wednesday night, (6/11). The revised MPG were released two days later on Friday, 6/13.

I haven't checked with the dealer yet, I am waiting for them to call me when the registration paperwork is ready.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My sticker says 45/45/45. I signed all the docs and drove off Last Wednesday night, (6/11). The revised MPG were released two days later on Friday, 6/13.

I haven't checked with the dealer yet, I am waiting for them to call me when the registration paperwork is ready.
You might want to follow up with them on that, i noticed that people who work in dealerships aren't really the best with staying on top of things like this, sometimes they have a lot going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's too bad that day in and day out my over all MPG wasn't 45mpgs, but I still love that fact that I do get anywhere from 36-39 mpgs (depending on the time of year). Summer and using the AC always zaps those numbers. But my commute home frequently gives me 45-46 mpgs. It's always nice to see that.
BTW, when is this magic rebate check set to arrive? I bought Pearl (my MKZ) in March of '13.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can I suggest that if any MKZ hybrid owners receives their $1050 check that he or she post a notice to alert others that the "checks are in the mail".

·
Registered
437 Posts
Can I suggest that if any MKZ hybrid owners receives their $1050 check that he or she post a notice to alert others that the "checks are in the mail".
Yes, that's a must, it helps to know what other real people have got their checks, sometimes people that work at dealers or for companies like these are clueless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I third that motion. Please post when/if you receive your $1,050 check.

I double checked with the dealership and they said that I would be hearing from Lincoln directly.

:-\

·
Registered
14 Posts
I third that motion. Please post when/if you receive your $1,050 check.

I double checked with the dealership and they said that I would be hearing from Lincoln directly.

:-\
Todd,
Do you think that us "newbies" will get anything? After all, we did buy after the window stickers were edited. (At least mine was.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Todd,
Do you think that us "newbies" will get anything? After all, we did buy after the window stickers were edited. (At least mine was.)
Todd,
You can disregard my previous post. I thought you bought yours when I did, but I see from your earlier posts you got yours in June.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fed Ex arrived today with a check from Ford Motor Company for $1050, as promised, along with instructions to go to one of their websites for an additional complementary gift. I took a quick peek and some of the things on the gift list are sunglasses, dinner for two at The Capital Restaurant or a leather cover for you iPad.
Thank you Ford/Lincoln, you just paid for my next vacation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just received my check today, (9/8/14). Lincoln had a couple of my address numbers inverted, so mail was going to the incorrect address. I think the check, (FedEx) was sent to the 'wrong' address originally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts