Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
If Lincoln is going to be back in ten years or so, it has to start that upward swing very soon. Lincoln aimed to increase sales this year and instead has seen sales down about 7% from last year. I'm sure that is not part of the plan to get back into the actual luxury segment.

It is possible for brands to recover, as we saw with Cadillac, but it is also possible for brands to fail. Lincoln is walking a very fine line.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yup, although they're trying to move up, they are bringing themselves down with some bad idea's, but it's also a learning process for them while trying to reestablish the brand. We'll just have to see how things go over time.
I am sometimes surprised that car companies come out with terrible products. I mean they must use focus groups and do ample amounts of market research. It also doesn't take someone special to say if a design looks ugly or not.

Give the people what they want and you will do fine. Lincoln doesn't know what the people want, and it shows in their products. If they don't get their act together they will lose all market share to the other luxury brands, or other companies trying to enter the market.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.