Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lincoln was true luxury back in the 90's and even 80's but over time as the rest of the industry upped their game, lincoln sunk, and thats when they became less of a luxury brand. At least not they're taking the right steps to reestablish themselves as a premium brand.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It is possible for brands to recover, as we saw with Cadillac, but it is also possible for brands to fail. Lincoln is walking a very fine line.
Yup, although they're trying to move up, they are bringing themselves down with some bad idea's, but it's also a learning process for them while trying to reestablish the brand. We'll just have to see how things go over time.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am sometimes surprised that car companies come out with terrible products. I mean they must use focus groups and do ample amounts of market research. It also doesn't take someone special to say if a design looks ugly or not.

Give the people what they want and you will do fine. Lincoln doesn't know what the people want, and it shows in their products. If they don't get their act together they will lose all market share to the other luxury brands, or other companies trying to enter the market.
Exactly.

I think the first step to a better brand would be platforms that are totally unique to them, nothing that shares a platform with Ford. It's killing them

·
Registered
437 Posts
I agree that it seems that Lincoln is aiming at an older clientele. The brand needs to see itself as something younger and cooler. I also think that Lincoln could use a bit of a design language update. The back of the MKZ looks great and so does the inside, but the rest of the exterior needs some changes. Aiming at a younger crowd, which is what many other luxury brands are doing right now, would likely do good things for the brand.
Lincoln already is in the process of a design language update.
I just think the way they went about the MKZ front end design wasn't so great.
The whole Phoenix theme killed it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.