Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

Final Drive Ratio

5903 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  MKZFan
Recently ran a report for my 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid on the etis.ford.com website and found out that it has a 2.56 final drive ratio. I've noticed many articles mentioning a 2.91 final drive ratio so tonight I went back to the website and entered in a VIN number for a car that I know has the optional 19" wheels instead of the standard 18" wheels and it has a 2.91 final drive ratio!

The higher drive ratio will have better acceleration but would expect worse mileage.
Reactions: 1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Recently ran a report for my 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid on the etis.ford.com website and found out that it has a 2.56 final drive ratio. I've noticed many articles mentioning a 2.91 final drive ratio so tonight I went back to the website and entered in a VIN number for a car that I know has the optional 19" wheels instead of the standard 18" wheels and it has a 2.91 final drive ratio!

The higher drive ratio will have better acceleration but would expect worse mileage.
Curious though if the only difference was the wheel choices? I would imagine the difference in final drives would of been attributed to either AWD vs FWD or 2.0 vs 3.7...

Regardless, good info MechEng and welcome to the boards BTW! :D
Knowing your final drive is 2.91 you might be more tempted to drive it harder :D and resulting in even worse gas mileage!
well it makes sense

high final drives mean shorter gears. lower top speed
Yes both vehicles were the 2.0 Hybrid. I can only suspect that Lincoln was looking to provide slightly better acceleration to go along with the sportier 19" 40 series wheels.
Now they need to add CF wheels :D
19 inch carbon fiber wheels! How many more MPG's can that translate to?
Just go to the etis.ford.com website, select vehicle tab, then enter the VIN number for the car. You will get a very detailed list for that car including the final drive ratio.
Just go to the etis.ford.com website, select vehicle tab, then enter the VIN number for the car. You will get a very detailed list for that car including the final drive ratio.
Didn't even know about that, thanks for posting this , how did you originally find out about it?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.