Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently ran a report for my 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid on the etis.ford.com website and found out that it has a 2.56 final drive ratio. I've noticed many articles mentioning a 2.91 final drive ratio so tonight I went back to the website and entered in a VIN number for a car that I know has the optional 19" wheels instead of the standard 18" wheels and it has a 2.91 final drive ratio!

The higher drive ratio will have better acceleration but would expect worse mileage.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Recently ran a report for my 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid on the etis.ford.com website and found out that it has a 2.56 final drive ratio. I've noticed many articles mentioning a 2.91 final drive ratio so tonight I went back to the website and entered in a VIN number for a car that I know has the optional 19" wheels instead of the standard 18" wheels and it has a 2.91 final drive ratio!

The higher drive ratio will have better acceleration but would expect worse mileage.
Curious though if the only difference was the wheel choices? I would imagine the difference in final drives would of been attributed to either AWD vs FWD or 2.0 vs 3.7...

Regardless, good info MechEng and welcome to the boards BTW! :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Knowing your final drive is 2.91 you might be more tempted to drive it harder :D and resulting in even worse gas mileage!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes both vehicles were the 2.0 Hybrid. I can only suspect that Lincoln was looking to provide slightly better acceleration to go along with the sportier 19" 40 series wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just go to the etis.ford.com website, select vehicle tab, then enter the VIN number for the car. You will get a very detailed list for that car including the final drive ratio.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just go to the etis.ford.com website, select vehicle tab, then enter the VIN number for the car. You will get a very detailed list for that car including the final drive ratio.
Didn't even know about that, thanks for posting this , how did you originally find out about it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts