Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

Could These be in Lincoln's Future?

13K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Tony Greg 
#1 ·
Check out the razzle dazzle headlamps from the MKZ concept. I really hope as the cost of LED headlamps comes down these become a feature of the Lincoln lineup. They're absolutely stunning, remind me of stars, very organic...

See less See more
#2 ·
Those would be some pretty cool headlights. Right now Lincoln's headlights aren't that distinctive so it would be a good move to create a headlight that is iconic for Lincoln.

If they just offer them as an option then it won't matter quite as much how expensive they are because people can choose if they are worth the money or not.

#4 ·
Considering what the current headlights look like, I do think that LIncoln needs to do something in order to make their's unique. Almost every other brand is coming up with their won trademark headlight. Look at Acura and Audi. Both have very distinctive headlights.

#8 ·
Yea it seems that LED is gong to be or already is the luxury industry's standard. If Lincoln really wanted to get the jump then they could invest in laser headlights, but I think they are already behind so I'm not sure if they would really see the pay off there.

I wonder why Lincoln didn't use those 'twinkle' headlights (thats what I'm calling them) on the production MKZ. Do you think they were too expensive, or perhaps not bright enough?

#10 ·
likely cost of production and certification that held them back. Or perhaps they didnt feel consumers were ready for that type of tech. I really think with the Scale ford has they could easily transition Fords and Lincolns to LED's...

But I'm just a fisherman who dont know nothing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.