Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
the percentage might be better from canada but the numbers dwarf the canadians.

by far.

the market for lincolns in canada is SMALL.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I dont know.. The scales are way too different to make anything of it.

The US sales are like 10x - 15x greater.

so its alot easier for canada to sell a higher number in 2013 compared to 2012 since the number isn't that big in the first place

where as to get the same growth in the US you would have to sell ALOT of MKZs.

USA sold 23,700 MKZ in 2013 compared to 23,400 in 2012

There is a tiny bit of growth. But the 2012 sales weren't terrible. They aren't stellar.

But the 2013 sales are bad either. But not stellar.

2012 and 2013 Canadian sales? Miserable.. Especially if you compare it to the competition in volume (in canada)

·
Registered
355 Posts
thats why we use percentages, to even out the scale...

Just went over my OP and found I did in fact conduct my maths incorrectly...

US sales are down 1.2% and Canadian are up 23%

I used the wrong base numbers...
it still doesnt change that it would be impossible for sales to increase by 23% in the US because for them to do that they would have to sell. 5400 more MKZs in 2013. That growth is larger than the entirety of the Canadian MKZ market.

I actually dont see very many Lincolns in Canada to be honest with you. Its not especially popular.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Put this American vs Canadian business out of the equation. MKZ sales in Canada are up 23% vs 2012 MKZ sales in Canada and MKZ sales in America are down 1.2% vs MKZ sales in America.
so based on these two numbers its fair to say Canadian citizens who are in the market for a new car like the MKZ better than Americans?

:rolleyes:

You believe what you want. The MKZ isn't doing as well as Lincoln wanted regardless.

The market is small in Canada for Lincolns. So its not hard for the numbers to change dramatically month to month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts