Lincoln MKZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Some of you younger folk may not remember the memorable 1956 Continental Mark II, and the '59 Mark IV. That one gave birth to the luxurious Town Car, which later would become its own nameplate for 30 years. Converted often into a stretch limo, it became the ride of executives - and even chief executives. Think White House.
I remember the Lincoln town car, It was pretty much the car that took lincoln off its feet. I just remember them as limousines. It has been a while, sad to say but the newer generation would never know how much Lincoln went though and now the MKZ will be one of its praised vehicles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It only makes sense. Even tho the Ford Fusion is related to the MKZ, the MKZ probably carries a good amount more weight and in a luxury car you need a nice torquie motor, so what better than a big 3.7 V6 engine!

As you'll see in the dyno graph below at 2440RPM it already makes 176 ft-lb of torque, perfect for a luxury sedan.

So I am guessing that this dyno chart is from just putting in a different air intake or filter. Looks like the engine reacts nicely to minor modifications too. That is a good amount of power if it true just from a mod like that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah I see what you mean. I noticed this with infiniti especially where they used that same engine in the G35 throughout the rest of their cars. And that was an award winning engine too. How was the reliability of the last MKZ engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.