Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having an issue with the Adaptive Speed Control displaying an error from time to time.

It reads
Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available
When this happens I also cannot switch over to Normal Speed Control as part of the Driver Assist settings.

I can stop, turn off and exit the vehicle and then restart it and it could re-appear.
Later the next day (after several stops) or the next day it may start working again.

This has now happened on 4 different days, while also working inbetween the the errors.

Any thounghts?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haven't heard of MKZ's having this problem, maybe it's not wide-spread?
What you can try doing is going to your Lincoln dealer and asking if they can reset the module so it could possibly clear the problem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That sounds terribly inconvenient. Haven't heard of that problem yet though. Looks like you'll have to go to the dealership. Hopefully it is a quick fix and they already are award of the problem.

·
Registered
355 Posts
just bring it back to the dealer. i tried looking up the problem on MKS forums or on google and nothing came up. so its a unique problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any luck with getting these problems dealt with at the dealership or has it not been worked out as yet?
No, not yet , too busy getting ready for the holidays and some personal stuff....I will let you folks know of the outcome

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
R2D2 was never seen again.

beep bo boop woop
You have got to give a guy a break, less than an hour after MKZFan posted and you put up a comment like that.

I do not live and die for this forum or any other forum. And I do not have to comment on everyone's post just to raise my post count.

I find I can learn more by listening [reading] :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Adaptive cruise control is one of the features I am most excited about on the MKZ. Turning off and on cruise control will soon be something lost to history. I can't wait to join the 21st century.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just following up on this....they finally got it working last week without any error......I hope

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is the official answer from the dealer if you are having this problem

"Reprogram ICP per TSB 131214"

This has been working properly since they did this (about 2-1/2 months ago)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts