Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford is recalling 107 models of the 2013 MKZ due to problems with the electrical system that could result in exposed wiring. Vehicles manufactured between April 25, 2012, and March 15, 2013 are affected.

·
Registered
437 Posts
and this is why I like to stay away from first year production vehicles. this problem with the 2013 MKZ is a good reason why, i just hate having to run back and forth to the dealership just to get these issues taken care of. on the plus side at least it's 107 MKZ's and not more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
107 is not a lot of cars at all. I think every run has its set of problems. This problem doesn't sound to be very significant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
107 is not a lot of cars at all. I think every run has its set of problems. This problem doesn't sound to be very significant.
yup it's on a small production run of MKZ's, at least it's not in the thousands like how it has been recently, not often do you see recalls that are as low as this.

hopefully there won't be many recalls with the MKZ's being produced right now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
now Ford and Lincoln needs to improve how their cars do in front end overlap crash tests, better do it now before someone dies in an accident like that which ends up forcing them to do something immediately

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just be glad that it isn't the same kind of recalls that fords are dealing with. Small issue like these do appear every so often. As long as they are the ones detecting this issue and addressing the recall that is fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The ford fusion, escape and other models have suffered from a serious recall like fire under the hood. Imagine that. What is the exact recall here for the MKZ at the moment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just be glad that it isn't the same kind of recalls that fords are dealing with. Small issue like these do appear every so often. As long as they are the ones detecting this issue and addressing the recall that is fine.
I think in the recent past some car makers actually ignored issues, but in the end they payed for it big time with all the negative attention they were getting in the media.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts