Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

MKZ Audio System

21K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  PercyDM 
#1 ·
From what I read the stereo is nothing special but there is an optional THX-Certified Car Audio System. According to the website, it features 700 watts of power, 14 speakers on 14 separate channels and over 200 hours of professional tuning to perfect its sound.

For the audiophiles and car enthusiasts out there. How does this system compare to the RLX's Krell audio system and Kia's Lexicon sound system?

#2 ·
I'd be interested to hear the system in person. 14 individual channels is serious tuning. I'm not a huge audiophile but I do know a bit..

The THX certification doesn't mean anything. Many systems can be THX certified.

200 hours of tuning? Well my expectations are high.

#3 ·
14 speakers, do you have any more detailed information on the audio system. I'd like to know how many tweeters, speakers (4", 6x9, etc) and subwoofer(s) we're getting. I'm expecting at least 1, 8 or 10 inch center mounted cabin subwoofer, 2 would be awesome :D

#4 ·
Not too much of an audiophile but it sounds promising. Well it always does but in this luxury segment the audio system is an important factor for those who even chose the MKZ. A distinct taste for sound to meet in this group. I will have to experience sometime but not sure how well it will do against Krell. Those guys are pretty good with their audio components.

#10 ·
Not happening at the moment but could be possible in the future. Usually you would see these kinds of headrest speakers for convertibles like the one you referenced to help with turbulence of the sound system from the open top concept. But infiniti does however implemented this in their premium line for leisure reason.

#12 ·
Hello I got myself a 2014 mkz with the HD radio system with 11 speakers. I also notice that the rear speakers were very low, so I started to check the settings and notice these three buttons on the screen, Front, All Passenger, and rear. It was setup in All Passenger, so I switch it to front and all the volume stayed in the front. Then I switch it to rear and then the sound came out equally thru all the speakers and it sounds great.

#13 ·
Very late to this discussion, but my 2013 THX system sounded pretty dead until I adjusted the front/rear fade toward the center and adjusted the crude equalizer by pushing up the highs a lot, the mid range a little, and pushing down the bass. If you want booming, dominant bass, you won’t like this stereo. If you like a natural sound with great separation and presence, it’s pretty doggone good.

#14 ·
I have a 2014 Mkz with the 14 speaker TTHX. Now let me tell you for a factory system it pounds. I listen to hip hop/gangster rap.. The bass is so deep, a song by tech n9ne "actin like you know". When the bass drops on that song being turned up 4 notches before max it almost sucks all the juice from the car it about dies. Another song by tech "On the Bible" amazing vibrations an the bass can be heard from half a mile away possibly further. Now to Mr.Criminal "DomeSplitter" consistent bass throughout. And it will rattle the windows in the car beside u at the light aswell as the one behind you. All being played 4 notches before max, bluetooth connected to an lg stylo 6 music bein played through youtube.. Awesome system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.