Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

Manual Override Shiftlock with Dead Battery?

53K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  GarrettCarLover 
#1 ·
Now I don't have a dead battery but I am wondering if anyone knows the procedure? I just figure with the button operated shift how would or could the gearbox be shifted into neutral without power, say in the event of a dead vehicle needing a flat bed tow?

Much appreciated!

#8 ·
Current vehicles have electronic starts; the greater part of them likewise have electronic move lock, regularly included as a wellbeing or hostile to robbery highlight. This presents an issue if your battery is dead; without power, the electronic move lock can't withdraw with the key in the start. All vehicles with electronic move lock have a manual supersede, permitting you to sidestep the component in crises.

Stage 1

Set your stopping brake for security. A few vehicles utilize a handbrake beside your apparatus selector; others utilize a pedal brake, which is for the most part to one side of your brake pedal.

Stage 2

Find and draw in the move lock supersede. Vehicles with electronic move lock have manual supersedes. Search for a minor, removable board on your day of work selector. Pry this board up with a flathead screwdriver. Addition the screwdriver into the gap to connect with the manual move lock supersede.

Stage 3

Addition your key into the start; go it to the "On" or "Acc" position.

Discourage the brake pedal totally. Move the move selector to unbiased.

Tip

In the event that your vehicle doesn't have a manual move lock abrogate, it doesn't have an electronic move lock. Follow the system, precluding the manual supersede step.

Caution

Remember to connect with your leaving brake; your vehicle could move forward or in reverse without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.