Lincoln MKZ Forum

Lincoln MKZ Forum (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/lincoln-mkz.php)
-   New 2013 MKZ General Discussion Forum (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/new-2013-mkz-general-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Lincoln Apoints David Woodhouse as new Design Director (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/new-2013-mkz-general-discussion-forum/2594-lincoln-apoints-david-woodhouse-new-design-director.html)

Truthiness 04-14-2014 11:33 AM

Lincoln Apoints David Woodhouse as new Design Director

Lincoln has replaced Mx Wolff with David Woodhouse in the position of deign director. The reshuffle was prompted by the need for more design resources as Lincoln rapidly redesigns its product line. It aims to launch 4 new models in 4 years.

More resources and bodies are need at Lincoln if the company is to gain back its market share in the luxury segment. In 1990 Lincoln reached its peak with 231,660 units sold, but it has dropped by 65% since then.

Before working at Lincoln, Woodhouse oversaw the design of Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover and Volvo.

Lincoln named David Woodhouse as new design director

MKZFan 04-14-2014 04:24 PM

That line about "It aims to launch 4 new models in 4 years.", any idea if they might mean 4 MORE models from now in 4 years? Or could one of those 4 models so far be the MKC?

alcatraz 04-15-2014 05:49 PM

Its a bit unclear if any of the four models have already been released yet after reading the article. I would think that the article would say that some of those models already exist if they do, but like i said, its not clear.

Right now its pretty unclear what model is next in the pipeline for Lincoln. have you guys heard anything as to what type of vehicle Lincoln is working on next.

MKZFan 04-16-2014 04:02 PM

Im trying what to think whats next for them.

Heard rumors about a coupe that will use the mustang platform.
Also rumors of a sedan smaller than the MKz, Buick Verano and Acura ILX rival maybe?

golfball 04-16-2014 06:28 PM

which cars have woodhouse been in charge of designing in the past?

Truthiness 04-23-2014 05:41 PM

Since CUVs are so popular, I would suspect that another SUV/CUV could be on the way. If we take what other companies are doing as a clue then we can see that more and more SUVs seem to be the norm. The MKX is coming out soon. Maybe they will make a more coupe styled CUV or something.

MKZFan 04-23-2014 06:14 PM

Just seen the new Lincoln MKX which I think looks the best out of all the new Lincoln's and Lincoln concepts, can't wait to see it in production form

golfball 04-24-2014 12:04 PM

wonder what is his first car to design at lincoln

MKZFan 04-24-2014 02:03 PM

No idea, I just hope it's good, as good or better than the new MKX concept.