LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
zep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Could These be in Lincoln's Future?

Check out the razzle dazzle headlamps from the MKZ concept. I really hope as the cost of LED headlamps comes down these become a feature of the Lincoln lineup. They're absolutely stunning, remind me of stars, very organic...

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:30 PM

Those would be some pretty cool headlights. Right now Lincoln's headlights aren't that distinctive so it would be a good move to create a headlight that is iconic for Lincoln.

If they just offer them as an option then it won't matter quite as much how expensive they are because people can choose if they are worth the money or not.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
Those would be some pretty cool headlights. Right now Lincoln's headlights aren't that distinctive so it would be a good move to create a headlight that is iconic for Lincoln.

If they just offer them as an option then it won't matter quite as much how expensive they are because people can choose if they are worth the money or not.
It would help a lot, if they want to be a better brand they need more unique things going on and not so many mainstream things

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 PM

Considering what the current headlights look like, I do think that LIncoln needs to do something in order to make their's unique. Almost every other brand is coming up with their won trademark headlight. Look at Acura and Audi. Both have very distinctive headlights.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Lincoln sure does need their own identity when it comes to headlight designs. Right now their designs are passable but wont get them too far, they need to change it.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
led headlights seem to be the next big thing

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM

LED and Laser, I think it will take a while for laser to go mainstream. LED is the new projector setup .

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 PM

Yea it seems that LED is gong to be or already is the luxury industry's standard. If Lincoln really wanted to get the jump then they could invest in laser headlights, but I think they are already behind so I'm not sure if they would really see the pay off there.

I wonder why Lincoln didn't use those 'twinkle' headlights (thats what I'm calling them) on the production MKZ. Do you think they were too expensive, or perhaps not bright enough?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcatraz View Post
Yea it seems that LED is gong to be or already is the luxury industry's standard. If Lincoln really wanted to get the jump then they could invest in laser headlights, but I think they are already behind so I'm not sure if they would really see the pay off there.

I wonder why Lincoln didn't use those 'twinkle' headlights (thats what I'm calling them) on the production MKZ. Do you think they were too expensive, or perhaps not bright enough?
Yup and eventually it will trickle down to the aftermarket just like how projector setups have but these will be more expensive to work with for a while.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
zep

(Thread Starter)
likely cost of production and certification that held them back. Or perhaps they didnt feel consumers were ready for that type of tech. I really think with the Scale ford has they could easily transition Fords and Lincolns to LED's...

But I'm just a fisherman who dont know nothing...
cstu93 likes this.