User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
"Buzzing" noise when driver's heated seat is on

Hello all. I recently purchased a 2015 Lincoln MKZ certified pre-owned. It had some issues that the dealer had to correct after I purchased it. Among them was the heated seats module. It was faulty and had to be replaced. The heated seats work great now. However, I've noticed that there is a "buzzing" noise whenever I activate the driver's heat seat function.

Does anyone know what may be causing this? Is it something I can fix on my own instead of going to the dealership?

Thanks, in advance!
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I know the heated seats use a fan to force heat through the seat. That could be what you are hearing.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiewicz93 View Post
I know the heated seats use a fan to force heat through the seat. That could be what you are hearing.
Thanks! Is there anything I can do to fix and/or reduce it?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.bahl View Post
Thanks! Is there anything I can do to fix and/or reduce it?
Not that I am aware of. I was surprised at how loud it was myself. You could try replacing the filter under each seat to see if that helps. If it is really dirty, it could cause the fan to become louder. I have been wanting to try this myself, but haven't gotten around to it. If you turn on the driver or passenger heated seat and go behind them on the floor, you'll be able to hear it better to ensure it is in fact the fan you are hearing.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Not that I am aware of. I was surprised at how loud it was myself. You could try replacing the filter under each seat to see if that helps. If it is really dirty, it could cause the fan to become louder. I have been wanting to try this myself, but haven't gotten around to it. If you turn on the driver or passenger heated seat and go behind them on the floor, you'll be able to hear it better to ensure it is in fact the fan you are hearing.
Thanks for the suggestion! How do I access the filters under the seat? I tried looking in the manual and could not find the necessary instruction.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Many thanks for the note.
Have a nice day all !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.