Lincoln MKZ Forum

Lincoln MKZ Forum (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/lincoln-mkz.php)
-   New 2013 MKZ General Discussion Forum (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/new-2013-mkz-general-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Panoramic roof issue (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/new-2013-mkz-general-discussion-forum/11746-panoramic-roof-issue.html)

gadgethead 07-30-2018 09:37 AM

Panoramic roof issue

It seems this is a known issue but even on a certified warranty, it is NOT covered by Lincoln.

The power sunshade on my panoramic roof opens about 6 inches and grids to a stop. The motors are fine, the shade itself seems gummed up or separated from the edge. I then have to both hit the button to close it and force it to close. Needless to say I now leave it closed. I took it to my dealer and they want over $1300 to fix.

Does anyone know a way to get Lincoln to cover this or did I end up paying more for a car specifically for this feature and now can't use it. Any Legal folks think I have a case?

Lincolnlawyer! 01-21-2019 12:42 PM

what year is it?

marthawilliam 03-08-2019 02:59 AM

which year is this?

gadgethead 03-19-2019 11:59 PM

sorry for the late reply I lost my access somehow.

it is a 2013

Lolopapq 03-23-2020 07:04 PM

To cover the cost of repairing a car, you can use a credit service online. Online loans are microloans that you can apply online and which will allow you to avoid these unexpected difficulties without affecting your budget, with a quick response to your request, without cumbersome procedures and with minimal requirements.

SCRobert 07-04-2020 05:42 PM

I purchased a beautiful used 2013 with the panoramic roof. After a few weeks of ownership, the shade came loose from it’s moorings. I was given an estimate of $1,065 for repair, including about 800 for the part. I ordered the part for under $500 from a discount OEM supplier. I’ll DM you the address if you’re interested.

It’s due to be installed on Tuesday. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m thinking of saving the old parts and repairing the shade myself. If I do that, I’ll probably be interested in selling the part for a good price.

Thomas Gupta 08-04-2020 03:04 PM

Enjoyed reading the article above, really explains everything in detail, the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles. If you have time you can check DebitCardGenerator

xosta 09-25-2020 08:56 PM

I think its cool

jeremydepp50 10-08-2020 12:23 PM

While the rubber seals do keep the majority of the water out, panoramic sunroofs rely instead on water drainage channels within the roof of the vehicle to keep the moisture out. These drainage points can sometimes clog, potentially causing the drainage channels to overflow and leak water into the cabin.

timothysmith 10-23-2020 02:18 AM

From my point of view, the company has to fix the panoramic roof problem to better the customer experience. Otherwise, the company loses its customers.