Lincoln MKZ vs Ford Fusion - Page 2 - Lincoln MKZ Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
at the end of the day we all know that it is just a ford fusion. even before I signed up here I have heard that a handful of times. And some were even saying how they would just buy a fusion instead since its more bang for the buck.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 06:49 PM

How much more is the Lincoln MKZ compared to the Ford fusion with the highest trim?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 PM

If you look at the previous Lincoln MKZ they do better on the preowned car market then first hand. But the problem is how many are being sold in the first place. some of them are lease and then auctioned afterwards.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 AM

The fusion grill looks similar, but that's where it ends. Especially when comparing the price tag...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 AM

I test drove a fusion and an MKZ - both hybrids. Sorry guys, no comparison. The MKZ ride is way better and it has many more amenities. The difference in cost is for a higher end car all around. Not to mention, by the time I loaded up the fusion the price got pretty hefty as well. I decided to purchase the MKZ and couldn't be happier. I'll admit I'm a sucker for the bells and whistles and the MKZ has them.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
...and the newer MKZ's are better yet than the Fusion: here's back of my 2015!

and the front:

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2005 Ford F250 6.0
2007 Arctic Fox 29-5E

Last edited by BPofMD; 08-22-2016 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added info:
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 09:51 PM

The MKZ and the Fusion are on the same architecture.
But they are quite different cars.
Both are "sure footed". But the littlest Lincoln still feels like I'm driving my living room. It's that comfortable.
I have recently acquired a 2011 MKZ. My third son has a similarly equipped 2013 Fusion.
I love my Lincoln. I could tolerate the Fusion.
The MKZ has a bigger motor, a six-speed transmission, heated and cooled seats, the "courtesy" entry (which I've turned off)
The SYNC systems are much the same.
But my car is so much quieter. And it just feels more "solid".

In some ways I like it more than my wife's 2015 Escape. And the Escape is a hoot to drive.

If I ever win the Lotto, I'm not gonna buy a Benz or a Jag, I'll be buying a Continental.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 11:02 AM

I just purchased a slightly used 2016 Luxe. So far I am loving it. On the first tank I averaged 42.7 MPG. The second tank will be lowerer as we are having temps in the 90's and need to run the air. What tricks are you using to help with the summertime challenge of running the air, other than sweating it out?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 01:29 PM

I had taken several Fusions out for a test drive. Even though the MKZ is built in the same plant with the same platform and same hybrid drive train. It is definitely not the same vehicle. I find the MKZ to have so much more fun stuff and unlike the Fusion, I do not see too many on the road. I get way more looks than my friend with the Fusion hybrid.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 12:52 PM

So, I've gotten this question a lot. It's just a Ford Fusion blah blah blah.
Truth is, it is not, but therein also lies a bit of the problem.
The 2013 - 2016 MKZ had active suspension, which the Fusion did not. That was the biggest difference, plus no available 305 hp V6. Fords issue, as I see it, is that they've used Lincoln as the "testing" brand recently. They put in the advanced technology and work out the kinks only to apply the tech to the Ford cousins later. The 2016 Fusion now has actuve suspension. Bad move IMO, as the premium brand should always have one big selling point like the active suspension.

That's my personal opinion, hope it's easy to understand. I also want to note the crappy argument that comes with, "it's just a gussied up Ford frame, loom at Lexus (or any other premium arm vehicle)." Oh yes, it does sit on the same bones as a Ford. However, so does Lexus of Toyota, Acura of Honda and Infiniti of Nissan. Look up a Nissan Skyline, then look up an Infiniti G35/37. Look up a Honda Accord, Acura TSX. In some instances, the foreign model is sold as a non-premium brand with a different name, we just don't see that in the states. They sometimes don't even change the body style! Every brand does it, only one brand gets called out for it.