Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

On Lincoln and the MKC

10K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  golfball 
#1 ·
First things first, I want to say those of you who knock Lincoln for platform sharing with Ford need to get over it. What do you think Audi is without VW platforms underneath?

And heres this from Bloomberg:

Results from clinics with prospective customers indicate the moves Lincoln is making are beginning to pay off, VanDyke said. The company often surveys these potential buyers with brand logos concealed, and Lincoln typically does well until its badge is revealed, he said.
Right so now thats off my chest, onto the goods. The MKC will be debuting in 2014 and surprise surprise, its based on the Ford Escape ;) but it would be your mistake to insinuate the MKC is in fact a Ford Escape.

To start off the MKC has a wider track than the Escape which required an all new front suspension geometry to avoid the nastyness of bump steer. The rooflife of the MKC is lower than the Escape across all pillars. Seating is lower so naturally CG is lower.

MKC also gets its own spec set of rotors and calipers to further shape the MKC's dynamics to feel like something German.

But the star of the show will be the Lincoln exclusive 2.3L EcoBoost engine that is expected in the Ford Mustang next year. the 2.3 is expected to kick out 275 horses and 300 lb-fts of torque, oh look, exactly the same as the BMW X3.

Oh and lets not forget, the MKC is handsome. Virtually unchanged from its concept form here is the production MKC...

The MKC will go on sale early next summer at $33,995

Go ahead and hate it ;)

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm impressed by the MKC. Lincoln did a good job at making an SUV that will advance its brand rather than confirm its current shoddy reputation. I think that the Lincoln grille looks much better on the MKC than it has on any of its other new models. The back of the vehicle looks great too. I think Lincoln might have a winner on its hands here.

And Cadillac doesn't even have an SUV in the segment yet, so Lincoln is a bit ahead of the game on that account too.

#10 ·
If Lincoln keeps up like this I think that they could surpass Acura in terms of reputation. Acura doesn't really have a nice sedan, but now Lincoln has a nice SUV and a nice sedan. That seems like a good base to build upon.

Does anyone know what is next on the docket for Lincoln?

#19 ·
BTW who said anyone was transitioning from Acura to Lincoln or vice versa? Both of them are wallowing in the same position, its likely a lateral move...

I will say Lincolns have more sex to them than Acura. Id rather drive an MKZ than a TL or TSX...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.