2013 Lincoln MKZ Engine Options - Page 2 - Lincoln MKZ Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In a way that is the stereotype that Lincoln made for them self. Lincoln was always known to be more for the more mature and established owner. And in some ways looking on the MKZ I still see that personality.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radon View Post
Yeah it is underopowered for sure the new MKZ is just a shy of 4000 lbs. And for a hybrid in this segment its porbably one of the slowest. Other competitors have engines that offer way more power and torque. Yes a HYBRID!
Not sure if the Infiniti Q50 is a direct competitor of the MKZ but the hybrid version of that makes more power for sure. But usually with comfortable luxury cars weight is a problem.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLM89 View Post
2.0-liter I-4 FWD/AWD
Horsepower: 240 premium fuel
Torque: 270 lb.-ft.

3.7-liter V6 FWD/AWD
Horsepower: 300
Torque: 277 lb.-ft.

2.0-liter I-4/Electric Hybrid FWD
Horsepower: 188 (combined engine and motor)
Torque: 141 (engine only)

Any of them lol

but it depends what you need.

The Hybrid is the best value.
The 2.0 is surprisingly good but I would recommend AWD for people in the North East.
The 3.7 is powerful enough were I would not get AWD and because it hits the MPG.

Overall after getting my PTU replaced on my 2011, I would stay away from AWD just because it one more thing that could go wrong.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
as a 2.0 non-hybrid owner I can tell you that the engine has plenty get up and go

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 03:25 PM

Wow, I think that I can respond to several 'points' on this thread.

Being the owner of a MKZ hybrid and being 51, I can address the powertrain and the owner demographics.

While I don't consider my MKZ hybrid a sports car, it does surprise people when I need to quickly accelerate, especially from a standing stop. I have more than a couple passengers say, "this is a hybrid? You must consider that Torque is what makes it go zoom and that the torque curve of an EV is flat as a table. I have had many powerful cars, some to the point of being silly, (a well massaged '98 mustang cobra with a 150hp shot of giggle juice). Granted I don't drive my MKZ nearly the same that I drove that mustang. I bought a hybrid for a reason. :-)

Demographics. It wasn't too long ago that I had that Mustang. I own two motorcycles. I am getting set to ride 1,100 miles one way to attend the Sturgis Motorcycle rally. I just sold my F150 FX4, (lifted, off road suspension, blah blah). I am have two young children, (oldest is 7). My social circle is (on average) over 10 years younger than me. My point? I am a Lincoln owner. I believe that I am the new demographic.

I went in looking at a Fusion or Fusion Energi but opted for the MKZ because I felt that it was worth the additional price and that it was time for a nice sedan. Admittedly, I was a bit surprised at my decision at first, I too thought of Lincoln as an older person's ride. I have not once regretted my decision.

I don't see it as I have reached the Lincoln age demographic. I see it that Lincoln has expanded its reach to include me. :-)

Whew, sorry for the lengthy post.
zep likes this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 01:33 PM
zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddValle View Post
Wow, I think that I can respond to several 'points' on this thread.

Being the owner of a MKZ hybrid and being 51, I can address the powertrain and the owner demographics.

While I don't consider my MKZ hybrid a sports car, it does surprise people when I need to quickly accelerate, especially from a standing stop. I have more than a couple passengers say, "this is a hybrid? You must consider that Torque is what makes it go zoom and that the torque curve of an EV is flat as a table. I have had many powerful cars, some to the point of being silly, (a well massaged '98 mustang cobra with a 150hp shot of giggle juice). Granted I don't drive my MKZ nearly the same that I drove that mustang. I bought a hybrid for a reason. :-)

Demographics. It wasn't too long ago that I had that Mustang. I own two motorcycles. I am getting set to ride 1,100 miles one way to attend the Sturgis Motorcycle rally. I just sold my F150 FX4, (lifted, off road suspension, blah blah). I am have two young children, (oldest is 7). My social circle is (on average) over 10 years younger than me. My point? I am a Lincoln owner. I believe that I am the new demographic.

I went in looking at a Fusion or Fusion Energi but opted for the MKZ because I felt that it was worth the additional price and that it was time for a nice sedan. Admittedly, I was a bit surprised at my decision at first, I too thought of Lincoln as an older person's ride. I have not once regretted my decision.

I don't see it as I have reached the Lincoln age demographic. I see it that Lincoln has expanded its reach to include me. :-)

Whew, sorry for the lengthy post.
Todd I think you raise some very significant points about demographics. For too long the conversation about lincoln has always been Lincoln needs to get younger, Lincoln needs to get younger. But you know what I just don't think that theory is worth anything.

Sure younger is nice, but what's younger, a few weeks, months, years, generations? Not to mention it doesn't aim for attributes in the ideal consumer, simply aiming at an age range is like simply looking at the monthly payments, sure it says something but without context its worthless.

Lincoln is never going to attract the yuppie image seeking crowd of a BMW or Audi or the sleek classy older fellows of Mercedes and Lexus disposition, but what they can do is build a top shelf american luxury sedan for people who are truely appreciative of whats fine and trick in this life. Lincolns have never been about the image, they've always been about treating yourself to a taste of your own success. Frankly that's fine with me