Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

Adaptive Cruise Control

39K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  rideontoyskids 
#1 ·
Anyone having an issue with the Adaptive Speed Control displaying an error from time to time.

It reads
Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available
When this happens I also cannot switch over to Normal Speed Control as part of the Driver Assist settings.

I can stop, turn off and exit the vehicle and then restart it and it could re-appear.
Later the next day (after several stops) or the next day it may start working again.

This has now happened on 4 different days, while also working inbetween the the errors.

Any thounghts?

#14 ·
R2D2 was never seen again.

beep bo boop woop
You have got to give a guy a break, less than an hour after MKZFan posted and you put up a comment like that.

I do not live and die for this forum or any other forum. And I do not have to comment on everyone's post just to raise my post count.

I find I can learn more by listening [reading] :)

#31 ·
Hey Troubled Cruise Users,

I am experiencing the same symptoms in my MkZ. Intermittent
"Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available
When this happens I also cannot switch over to Normal Speed Control as part of the Driver Assist settings."
From the TSB mentioned it claims it's linked to re-fueling. Were you all having this trouble directly after filling up that drive, or the drive cycle before?
I can't seem to recall this only happening after filling up at the pump.
Let me know and I am going to be taking this in soon, as long drives are a bit of a nuisance without adaptive cruise, let alone regular cruise!

#33 ·
I experienced this happening 2-3 times a week until they located a TSB to fix the problem. Point your dealer's service to the TSB I listed in post #20 of this thread.

This is what was listed on the repair order I got back when they fixed it and it has been working perfectly since then (Jan 2014) "Reprogram ICP per TSB 131214"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.