• 1 Post By Izzy3906

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Aftermarket Speakers in Base System

I'm currently looking for a CPO 2017 MKZ. Not many out there with the Revel Systems in my area. Considering picking up a Reserve with the standard system and upgrading it.

Curious if anyone has replaced all the stock speakers on the factory amp and what the outcome was. I could also upgrade the amp, but would prefer to keep all the active sound cancellation intact.

I'm pretty picky about sound, my wife's first MKC had the standard system, and it was passable, her new one has the THX system, it's pretty good. My G37 has the BOSE CenterStage system and it is pretty good also.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you are picky about your sound, buy one of the Revel sound systems. The factory amp is not very good. I replaced the stock speakers in our MKX with much higher quality speakers and it sounds much better than stock, but I have to be honest - it is lacking. The sub in the back is nearly non-existent. It is just not up to the level of either Revel, or the Sony that we had in our Edge that we traded for our MKX. It is fine for general listening - sure. If you like good sound, buy one that has good sound.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebrez View Post
I'm currently looking for a CPO 2017 MKZ. Not many out there with the Revel Systems in my area. Considering picking up a Reserve with the standard system and upgrading it.

Curious if anyone has replaced all the stock speakers on the factory amp and what the outcome was. I could also upgrade the amp, but would prefer to keep all the active sound cancellation intact.

I'm pretty picky about sound, my wife's first MKC had the standard system, and it was passable, her new one has the THX system, it's pretty good. My G37 has the BOSE CenterStage system and it is pretty good also.

I got the 2014 base MKZ and yes the sound system was not that great. I replace all speakers with infinity's and added two 12 subs in the trunk, that made it for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180118_133016.jpg (159.8 KB, 8 views)
xcaliber501 likes this.

2014 Lincoln MKZ Smoked Quartz
with HD Radio, 2.0 Eco-boost Turbocharged

Izzy's Garage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My wife has a 2015 with base sound system. It sucks. What speakers did you guys buy?
I’m worried about buying ones that don’t fit in the factory holes.