Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

Issues with windows express up feature

30K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Jet Foxy 
#1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with the window express up feature on their 2013 MKZ?

I just noticed the other day that the express up on the driver’s side was no longer working and then last night was playing around with the global open/close via the remote.

But the first attempt to close all windows from the remote only closed the two rear windows and the sunroof.

However, the second attempt only the passenger rear window and the sun roof would close.

The express down works for all windows either via the remote or from the driver’s door.

#2 ·
This is an example of a larger issue on the 2013 MKZ and Fusion Hybrids.

The windows will forget their settings (usually express UP) if the 12 V battery charge dwindles.

You may also see the Battery Saver message on the screen when you shut off your car, or have been using the accessories without the engine running.

Ford issued a TSB last month about the battery issue. TSB 13-5-1 (Reprogram Direct Current Module) should be performed by your service dept. In the mean time, you can reprogram your windows by manually lowering them, hold 3 seconds, raise them and hold 3 seconds, then lower again and hold 3 seconds. Express up/down should now work. :)

#10 ·
Me too

My problems with the windows is not consistant

Mostly with the front passenger side but have seen this occasionally on all of them. I don't believe this is a programing error but it may be the auto-stop function from to much friction causing resistance.

My wife's Accura RSX has a similar issue from time to time and the Accura folks just lube up the tracks and it works fine again.

I am heading to the dealler about this and some other minor issues next week or so.....will report back what they try.

#13 ·
Me too!

I've got a 2013 MKZ FWD, 2L ecoboost with about 18,000 miles on it. I've had it into the dealership 3 times to address the express window up feature, when getting the maintenance done. It's still got a mind of it's own and only works half the time. When doing the all windows down with the key fob, randomly, the passenger or driver door doesn't go down. Ugh.

I'll try the reset feature and report back. Supposedly, West Point Lincoln, here in Houston, has "reset the software" for the windows each time. So frustrating when an awesome luxury car has such a piddly issue.

I love my car, even with the window issue. Driven it from Houston to Kansas, Austin, San Marcos and a lot of other towns within a few hours.... It's amazing on road trips!

#14 ·
I've got a 2013 MKZ FWD, 2L ecoboost with about 18,000 miles on it. I've had it into the dealership 3 times to address the express window up feature, when getting the maintenance done. It's still got a mind of it's own and only works half the time. When doing the all windows down with the key fob, randomly, the passenger or driver door doesn't go down. Ugh.

I'll try the reset feature and report back. Supposedly, West Point Lincoln, here in Houston, has "reset the software" for the windows each time. So frustrating when an awesome luxury car has such a piddly issue.

I love my car, even with the window issue. Driven it from Houston to Kansas, Austin, San Marcos and a lot of other towns within a few hours.... It's amazing on road trips!
Looking back at my notes from when I had this issue, have your dealer reprogram the door modules per TSB 131004. That was reported on my service report detail that seemed to clear up the problem for me and it has not returned (6 months now).

#16 ·
Yep. They keep telling me I'm not touching the window up button lightly enough. Redonkulous!

The reset combo I read, by holding it down and up for a few seconds actually worked for 2 days!

I was replacing my own cabin air filter yesterday and did the "all windows down" from the key fob. It didn't roll down either front window. Ugh.

This is the same dealership who told me, simply, the cabin filter is behind the glove box. Nothing more. I had to YouTube someone replacing the filter on a 2013 Fusion. The manual simply says talk to the dealership. Here in Houston, I usually replace the filter about every 10K miles because of the humidity and smog. It really does make a difference! They won't replace it until 20,000, ugh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.