Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

Power trunk opening by it's self

14K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Izzy3906 
#1 ·
I've got a 2015 MKZ Hybrid with the power trunk option that the trunk opens by it's self sometimes.

I will turn the car off, get out, shut the door, open the trunk (using the dash button or button by the license tag) to get something out, shut the trunk using the button by the license tag, wait for it to close then touch a door handle to lock the car, then I get 2 short beeps of the horn & the trunk opens by it's self.

Is this Normal? a newly found enhancement or bug?

#2 ·
Next time try closing the trunk by hitting the button inside the trunk (upper left corner) or closing with the remote rather then using the small button by the license plate to close it. I only use the button by the license plate to open the trunk when my hands are full and I have not had any problems. Please let us know if this works for you.

#3 ·
Trunk pops open by itself

We have the same problem with our 2015 MKZ. It happens a couple of times a week. We've already had a theft of a suitcase from the trunk due to this problem.
We are two different drivers, so it's not a case of accidentally touching the trunk button twice. It seems to happen after we lock the car and walk away.
We're contacting Lincoln to see what they can do.

Has anyone else had this problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.