• 1 Post By nv rick

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Someone keyed my MKZ 2011

So a maddening thing happened today. But my story goes back a couple weeks ago. I park on the street and usually I have no problems but one day (3 weeks ago) some Chinese guy asked me to move my car since he has a "big" car (Lexus RX) and I said why? He got mad for questioning him and cursed at me and spoke a bunch of Chinese mumble jumble. The next day he spray painted neon green paint on the sides of the end of driveway on the curb, but some of the spray got on my chrome wheels. I confronted him about it and he said he did spray the paint but refused to pay to get it off and it cost me $60 to get it detailed. Yesterday I parked about a block away but on the same street to avoid the Chinese d bag. I wake up this morning to check on my car and I see hug key marks all over the car. Literally there isn't a panel that isn't damaged besides the hood and bumpers. I am furious at this point and I slam on his door and confront him and he says he has nothing to do with it and I can't prove anything and you know what? The sad part is the stupid Chinese man is right. No cameras around and no one saw anything, so legally nothing I can do.

I guess this is where the semi happy news comes in. Since this was considered vandalism my insurance covered everything besides my $250 deductible and since almost every panel was touched and because they want to properly match the paint they are repainting the whole outside of the car. As I mentioned in the previous post my rear bumper and front bumper had some touch up fixes down which came put sub par at best since it's almost impossible to replicate tri coat paint on touch up kits and because the plastic bumpers had become discolored. So the good news is my bumpers will actually match the rest of the paint and I am getting a freshly painted car. The estimate came to $5300, but thank god for insurance. Does this sound right for tri coat paint?
MoiDichVuSeo likes this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
zep

yea sounds about right, what an odd situation to go through. My only question though is why would your neighbor friend feel the need to key the car given that you had parked it over a block away and was now of no concern to him. He had gotten exactly what he wanted??

Anyways it all worked out well in the end. You're going for the same exterior color? Could be time for a change up if thigs feel like they're getting stale
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
This guy is defiantly not my friend. I guess this is the question I am trying to wrap my head around. I live in NYC (Bronx), not as bad as people think but in my area still some wackos. People in NYC regardless of which borough are very territorial and prideful. My first encounter with this guy wasn't friendly either. He started swearing at me when I first refused to move my car. In the end he did get what HE wanted. My car is in the shop for 30 days and I no longer will park on that street.

Same color. I don't know if insurance would pay for a change of colors plus then all the inside parts of the doors and such would need to be repainted.

My concern is just getting a good paint job done since Tri coat paint isn't cheap and is hard to properly spray without having the car look like a platinum white car with just glitter thrown on it. One of my co-workers said I should have taken it to an authorized Lincoln repair shop, but really would that have made a difference?
MoiDichVuSeo likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 04:28 PM
zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasero23 View Post
This guy is defiantly not my friend. I guess this is the question I am trying to wrap my head around. I live in NYC (Bronx), not as bad as people think but in my area still some wackos. People in NYC regardless of which borough are very territorial and prideful. My first encounter with this guy wasn't friendly either. He started swearing at me when I first refused to move my car. In the end he did get what HE wanted. My car is in the shop for 30 days and I no longer will park on that street.

Same color. I don't know if insurance would pay for a change of colors plus then all the inside parts of the doors and such would need to be repainted.

My concern is just getting a good paint job done since Tri coat paint isn't cheap and is hard to properly spray without having the car look like a platinum white car with just glitter thrown on it. One of my co-workers said I should have taken it to an authorized Lincoln repair shop, but really would that have made a difference?
Well any good body shop worth its salt should be able to handle tri coat, its been around for some time now. a Lincoln authorized shop could of given you a bit more piece of mind but I dont think you should be worried.

I didnt mean friend as in friend, but friend as in condescending sarcastic manner
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasero23 View Post
One of my co-workers said I should have taken it to an authorized Lincoln repair shop, but really would that have made a difference?
The only thing I could see in taking it to an authorized repair shop is that if there were quality issues with the job, Lincoln might be able to throw a little weight on getting it corrected. With an independent, you might have to do your own arm wresting if there is a problem (which I truly hope there isn't).
Just another thought: your insurance company should definitely step in if there is any problem--after all, I doubt they will pay for a $hitty paint job.
zep likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 03:16 PM

Great

Here are the list of Best App Lock which you can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nice Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.