Lincoln MKZ Forum banner

2013 Lincoln MKZ Panoramic Retractable Roof Information

8K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GarrettCarLover 
#1 ·
Below is an introduction video to the MKZ's panoramic retractable roof giving you all the information you need on it

#2 ·
Pretty awesome how the panoramic retractable roof is only available on the MKZ, gives us MKZ owners some exclusivity from the rest of the new Lincoln owners :D
One really cool feature is how the roof closes in a bit at speeds over 40MPH, but that might get annoying to some people as they may not mind the extra cabin noise, there better be some way to enable and disable this feature.

#5 ·
The glass roof will add to it being louder in the cabin. It amplifies the sound from the exterior since its glass instead of dampening the sound. This was another complaint about the MKZ having a loud cabin. Is there anything they could do about this issue to help make the cabin more quiet.

#4 ·
one thing I dislike about the panoramic roof assembly is that on the rear glass roof that doesn't move, there are what seems to be tracks that the retractable part of the roof rolls down on. Lincoln didn't have to make it stand out that much, im sure the tracks could be much more narrow to a point it isn't so obvious.

#6 ·
I have seen an aftermarket company that has a clear vinyl to stick on the exterior of the glass to help dampen the sound no actual review of it yet. I would would be worried that the heat would melt it on to the glass and would be a pain to remove in the future if it was too scratched up. Lincoln did talk about having a noise cancelling system for the interior cabin but reviewers still complaint about the noise inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.