Lincoln MKZ Forum

Lincoln MKZ Forum (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/lincoln-mkz.php)
-   Appearance and Body (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/appearance-body/)
-   -   Passengers bump head into roof when entering car (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/appearance-body/1130-passengers-bump-head-into-roof-when-entering-car.html)

ContinentalChasm 07-19-2013 04:17 PM

Passengers bump head into roof when entering car

I got a 2013 MKZ.

When entering the front passenger side door, it is easy to bump your head, because of the roof line. Other 2013 Lincoln MKZ owners have said the same thing.

If the passenger front seat is lowered all the way, then my passengers do not encounter a problem. A convenient and sensical solution would be to program the seat to lower when the passenger door is opened and return the door to the last set position when the door is closed. Any other ideas?

MKZFan 07-23-2013 01:51 PM

This happened to be a few times when I took an MKZ on a test drive. Also had this same problem with a couple other cars I owned and it's really just a matter of making it a habit to NOT bump your head...working around the vehicles design.

MKZephyerstein 07-23-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ContinentalChasm (Post 6682)
If the passenger front seat is lowered all the way, then my passengers do not encounter a problem. A convenient and sensical solution would be to program the seat to lower when the passenger door is opened and return the door to the last set position when the door is closed. Any other ideas?

That is probably the only thing you can do in order to avoid the issue. There isn't anything else I can think about. Just keep an eye on it or put your hand there.

Kryptonite 07-23-2013 05:54 PM

Keep your eye on the roof line and pay attention until you get to the seat.

golfball 08-30-2013 10:15 AM

hmm. interesting. i'll keep this in mind but usually I enter the car slowly to not destroy the seat or kick anything by accident so I should be ok. The only time I've bumped my head was when I tried to jump into the seat quickly/

Tripp 07-10-2020 05:10 AM

look ar the roof linge

mbuenavides 07-14-2020 08:10 PM

LOL, I find it funny cause it seems it happens to every one of us. When I bought my truck and got used to it and then all of a sudden I ride my sedan it felt weird this is the primary reason why I tend to be careful when going in and out of my MKZ.

orion9217 08-18-2020 12:07 AM

It happened with me on the truck when I installed power running boards. I guess I stepped on it too high.

hartigan 08-20-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion9217 (Post 36018)
It happened with me on the truck when I installed power running boards. I guess I stepped on it too high.

That makes two of us...