Lincoln MKZ Forum

Lincoln MKZ Forum (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/lincoln-mkz.php)
-   2013 Lincoln MKZ Reviews (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/2013-lincoln-mkz-reviews/)
-   -   MKZ hybrid owner for 6 months (https://www.mkzforum.com/forum/2013-lincoln-mkz-reviews/2137-mkz-hybrid-owner-6-months.html)

kaz 11-14-2013 12:43 PM

MKZ hybrid owner for 6 months

I purchased my 2013 MKZ hybrid in early May. Major reasons for purchasing this particular car were the gas mileage, how the car looks and it's exceptionally quiet ride.
I now have about 2500 miles on it and I easily get 41 to 42 miles per gallon in city driving. I reset the mpg gauge after each fill up and the 41 to 42 mpgs has been very consistent.
I have had 0 problems with the car so far. I did take it to the dealer for the software upgrade but other than that I have not had a single issue with my MKZ.
The quiet ride is one of the features I really enjoy about the MKZ. Every person who has ridden in the car has commented on how quiet it is. Prior to owning the MKZ I drove a Cadillac DTS and both my wife and I agree that the MKZ has a quieter ride than the Cadillac.
I will continue to post comments about my MKZ both good and bad (if I have any issues).

MKZFan 11-14-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaz (Post 13089)
I purchased my 2013 MKZ hybrid in early May. Major reasons for purchasing this particular car were the gas mileage, how the car looks and it's exceptionally quiet ride.
I now have about 2500 miles on it and I easily get 41 to 42 miles per gallon in city driving. I reset the mpg gauge after each fill up and the 41 to 42 mpgs has been very consistent.
I have had 0 problems with the car so far. I did take it to the dealer for the software upgrade but other than that I have not had a single issue with my MKZ.
The quiet ride is one of the features I really enjoy about the MKZ. Every person who has ridden in the car has commented on how quiet it is. Prior to owning the MKZ I drove a Cadillac DTS and both my wife and I agree that the MKZ has a quieter ride than the Cadillac.
I will continue to post comments about my MKZ both good and bad (if I have any issues).

what year DTS did you guys have?
any other vehicles you guys owned?
if you really want to see how quiet your interior is, test drive a Verano, which has a ton of tech to make the interior quiet, and compare that to your MKZ ;)

zep 11-15-2013 10:35 AM

welcome aboard kaz, good to see a member who is enjoying their vehicle! If you had to choose whats your favorite feature??

MKZFan 11-15-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zep (Post 13129)
welcome aboard kaz, good to see a member who is enjoying their vehicle! If you had to choose whats your favorite feature??

It really is nice to hear about someone that is actually enjoying their MKZ, sure beats reading about all the downsides of it.

golfball 11-18-2013 06:55 AM

good to hear of happy owners. welcome to the forum! post up a photo if you wish.

Truthiness 11-18-2013 12:51 PM

I still don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy the hybrid over the gas-powered MKZ. They cost literally the same amount of money, so that whole time to make up your original investment in the hybrid just doesn't apply. Does anyone know of a reason why someone would choose the gas powered MKZ over the hybrid?

Glad to hear no problems with the MKZ hybrid. Did you get pitched the Black Label trims when you were buying?

R2D2 11-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truthiness (Post 13194)
I still don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy the hybrid over the gas-powered MKZ. They cost literally the same amount of money, so that whole time to make up your original investment in the hybrid just doesn't apply. Does anyone know of a reason why someone would choose the gas powered MKZ over the hybrid?

Glad to hear no problems with the MKZ hybrid. Did you get pitched the Black Label trims when you were buying?

How about loss of truck space....that did it for me

zep 11-18-2013 04:55 PM

....or that hybrids are junk? The reason Lincoln even made the MKZ Hybrid and Petrol cost the same is because no one was buying the Hybrid....

but if you like it, you like it :D

welcome aboard kaz!

golfball 11-19-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truthiness (Post 13194)

personal preference. some people dont care about hybrid tech and would rather have the petro engine.

kaz 11-19-2013 12:09 PM

We still have our 09 Cadillac DTS. It is a very nice car but the gas mileage we get is horrible. On top of that Cadillac says that premium gas should be used which ends up putting even more money in the pockets of the oil companies. We were averaging about 18 mpg between city and highway driving so before I purchased the MKZ hybrid I did a little math. Using the figure 20 mpg average for the DTS and 40 mpg for the MKZ I calculated the cost of gas for each car over 100,000 (which is about how long we usually have our cars). So, driving 100 miles in the DTS I would use 5 gallons of gas and driving 100 miles in the MKZ I would use 2.5 gallons of gas. At $3.00 a gallon I would spend $15 for the DTS and $7.50 for the MKZ per 100 miles. Over 100,000 miles I would spend $15,000 on gas for the DTS and $7,500 dollars on the MKZ. Run those same calculations at $3.50 a gallon or $4.00 a gallon.
My conclusion, why would I not buy an MKZ hybrid.