User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MKZ Hybrid is piece of CRAP

I will have had my 2013 MKZ Hybrid for 6 months on Sep 5, 2013. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! To date it has been in the shop 4 times with a 5th time already pending upon the arrival of an entirely new interior roof liner.

First and foremost, FORD blatantly lies about the 45 MPG. Before the "software upgrade" recall, my overall MPG was 36. Now I am getting a whopping 38 MPG. If I hear one more Lincoln rep tell me how to maximize the MPG by using the visual aides in the dash and recharging the battery by softly braking, I am going to SCREAM! I am 46 years old and if you could see me drive, you would think I was closer to 100 years old. I baby the **** out of the car to maximize the MPG, plus I live in VERY flat Florida. I shutter to think what someone in Colorado or the hills of Los Angeles is getting for MPG.

I have had a myriad of issues with the interior of the car. All have been addressed by Lincoln by either replacing or repairing. However, the ever present rattles/popping/crackling noises continue. Plus everyday there seems to be new noises appearing in different parts of the interior. God only knows what condition the car will be in in 3-4 years. No matter how many times I take the car in, the problem is going to remain that Ford chose very cheap plastics to build the car which are just going to rattle, crack and pop like a low end piece of junk. The car is by no means a "luxury" car that is anywhere in the same market as to compete with Lexus, Audi, Infinity or Mercedes.

I am sick and tired of taking it to the shop and complaining. I am simply over it. I am in talks with Lincoln headquarters in Deerborn to take the piece of junk back. If Lincoln cannot own up to their mistake and take it back, I am joining the class action lawsuit in the works regarding the MPG and I have contacted my own attorney to take it to the next step. Also I will do everything in my power to make sure as many people as I can reach out to personally and via the web know that they should stay far far away from wasting their money on this car.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you finance or lease?

I'd simply sell the car after the finance or return it after the lease.

I agree that I've heard of complaints of the interior rattles.

But to be fair. I've heard rattle complains from ALL brands.

Rattles arent only due to poor materials. Bad design causing rubbing or premature wear in clips. Badly designed interior clips. Poor assembly or interior.

I've even heard of owners of hyper cars having rattles because they tolerances of the interior are so close that parts are rubbing together.

A weak chassis will also cause rattles because as you drive the car flexes. The weaker the chassis the more flex and more rattles and noises.

As for the mileage claims I think we all agree Lincoln got those MPG ratings from outer space.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 02:32 PM

Any update on the MKZ and you contacting Lincoln about it?
Hopefully they were able to help you.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM

same @sobe531 i'd like to know if there are any updates to your piece of crap

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfball View Post
same @sobe531 i'd like to know if there are any updates to your piece of crap
LOL piece of crap for now or for a specific production range. So many more MKZ's out there that people are enjoying and have no complaints about.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 12:39 PM

yep. people only come on forums to complain usually. im just curious if he got a new car or if they fixed his problem.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfball View Post
yep. people only come on forums to complain usually. im just curious if he got a new car or if they fixed his problem.
Yeah, even more common with non-enthusiast cars like the MKZ. At least we all find some common ground here LOL, sucks it has to be problems with out cars.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 01:08 PM

I'm wondering if it is a problem that is specific to the hybrid version, or if it is a problem with the MKZ in general. The equal price for the hybrid is enticing, but not if it comes with a slew of problems.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 PM

@sobe531 have you had the chance to drive the 2013 Lexus ES Hybrid? I heard a lot of good things about it, it might be the best MKZ hybrid alternative.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 01:14 PM

Then get rid of it

I've owned cars at more than twice the MKZ selling price, turned a couple of them in under a forced buy back. If it is as bad as you say, turn it back in.

Just saying.