1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Would you want a RWD MKZ?

The Lincoln MKZ is currently offered as a FWD and AWD option. Would any of you guys buy a RWD version. How much more would you be willing to pay for it?
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 02:49 PM

Most people say RWD is better than FWD. I agree, but I think the question of if it is necessary also plays a factor. For a performance coupe, I say absolutely. For a luxury sedan like the MKZ, it's not so important.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
RWD with the V6 model for sure, it's a big V6 so why not. Plus Lincoln is the type of brand that always had RWd vehicles and a RWD setup on it's smallest sedan would make it a ton of fun.

not liking the FWD and FWD bias AWD system on it currently

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKZFan View Post
RWD with the V6 model for sure, it's a big V6 so why not. Plus Lincoln is the type of brand that always had RWd vehicles and a RWD setup on it's smallest sedan would make it a ton of fun.

not liking the FWD and FWD bias AWD system on it currently
Yah I'll agree with that. The V6 aligned with a RWD would be much more preferable. But I don't think I would be willing to spend too any higher.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lincoln needs a FWD vehicle, the MKZ is one of their best selling sedans and if they want to keep up with the times, having at least one FWD vehicle is what they have to do. Also it's a great setup to start thinking of turning into an EV

MKZ hardtop EV = WANT
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothC View Post
Lincoln needs a FWD vehicle, the MKZ is one of their best selling sedans and if they want to keep up with the times, having at least one FWD vehicle is what they have to do. Also it's a great setup to start thinking of turning into an EV

MKZ hardtop EV = WANT
Going EV could be successful but there is also a bit of risk. There is not many luxury cars that are EV right now, so the market could be wide open if there is a demand for it.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 03:56 PM

Well to begin with Lincoln has only a few cars. Unlike other brands that have so many lines consumers get confused to decide on which one is best suitable for them.

This plays well for Lincoln in a way if you think about it. They only have a few vehicles to perfect. Now if they offered three different drive trains within the same vehicle that might now be a bad idea. This will reach out to a number of consumers with different needs whether if it safety, a sports sedan or just a piece of mind for the winter. Having different drivetrains would help.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
Going EV could be successful but there is also a bit of risk. There is not many luxury cars that are EV right now, so the market could be wide open if there is a demand for it.
I'd say if you have that idea i mind and interest for an EV then just wait till there are more than just one manufacturer implementing luxury EVs.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKZephyerstein View Post
I'd say if you have that idea i mind and interest for an EV then just wait till there are more than just one manufacturer implementing luxury EVs.
That's why Lincoln needs to attack this market first, before it becomes a very competitive segment.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 PM

it is a competitive segment as it is. If that is the solution I think they need to get on it ASAP. What other things do you think would help?