User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MKZ Audio System

From what I read the stereo is nothing special but there is an optional THX-Certified Car Audio System. According to the website, it features 700 watts of power, 14 speakers on 14 separate channels and over 200 hours of professional tuning to perfect its sound.

For the audiophiles and car enthusiasts out there. How does this system compare to the RLX's Krell audio system and Kia's Lexicon sound system?
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd be interested to hear the system in person. 14 individual channels is serious tuning. I'm not a huge audiophile but I do know a bit..

The THX certification doesn't mean anything. Many systems can be THX certified.

200 hours of tuning? Well my expectations are high.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
14 speakers, do you have any more detailed information on the audio system. I'd like to know how many tweeters, speakers (4", 6x9, etc) and subwoofer(s) we're getting. I'm expecting at least 1, 8 or 10 inch center mounted cabin subwoofer, 2 would be awesome

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Not too much of an audiophile but it sounds promising. Well it always does but in this luxury segment the audio system is an important factor for those who even chose the MKZ. A distinct taste for sound to meet in this group. I will have to experience sometime but not sure how well it will do against Krell. Those guys are pretty good with their audio components.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-cyl View Post
From what I read the stereo is nothing special but there is an optional THX-Certified Car Audio System. According to the website, it features 700 watts of power, 14 speakers on 14 separate channels and over 200 hours of professional tuning to perfect its sound.

For the audiophiles and car enthusiasts out there. How does this system compare to the RLX's Krell audio system and Kia's Lexicon sound system?
from the sounds of the detail its really lacking a good promising description. Just because they spent 200 hours to tune it doesn't mean it will be the best. And what is THX-Certified anyways.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RothC View Post
14 speakers, do you have any more detailed information on the audio system. I'd like to know how many tweeters, speakers (4", 6x9, etc) and subwoofer(s) we're getting. I'm expecting at least 1, 8 or 10 inch center mounted cabin subwoofer, 2 would be awesome
If you go to the official Lincoln MKZ site, there are some more information and a nice graphics on the design of the audio system. I would have copied and pasted it here but it doesn't let you.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothC View Post
My guess is that there will be 1 speaker and 1 tweeter for each door, which brings us to 8. 1 center mounted subwoofer and two more speakers on the rear deck = 11

Maybe there's one more in the center island thing for rear seated passengers?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 PM

If there is anything I can recommend for the MKZ audio system is maybe add in some seat speakers to make the sound more dynamic and true. You could only go so crazy with speakers in the panels.

something like this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepathy View Post
If there is anything I can recommend for the MKZ audio system is maybe add in some seat speakers to make the sound more dynamic and true. You could only go so crazy with speakers in the panels.

something like this.
Not a bad idea, I think they have those in the infiniti M series. Haven't seen too many manufacturers do this. And maybe another subwoofer at the back to give equal amounts of base to fill in the cabin.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 PM

Not happening at the moment but could be possible in the future. Usually you would see these kinds of headrest speakers for convertibles like the one you referenced to help with turbulence of the sound system from the open top concept. But infiniti does however implemented this in their premium line for leisure reason.