1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Its the front end that is the problem

The Lincoln MKZ is a mixture of good and bad as far as the styling goes. I think that the MKZ looks great from the side and rear. The light bar across the back is super modern and the sharp edges also add to the futuristic design.

The interior of the MKZ is also looking good. Having the centre console be entirely one piece was a great move. It is simple and refined. Exactly what you would expect from a modern interface design. Seamless flow between the different controls, and nice integration of the console into the rest of the interior.

And then you get to the front end of the MKZ

I think that the Lincoln grille is pretty ugly first of all. The whole whale tail wings thing doesn't seem very modern to me. The interior and rear of the MKZ are so subtle and then this grille is bulky and bold. I also am not a fan of the lines on the hood of the car. I don't think it is doing the design any favors.

I really think this is the cause of many people's dislike for Lincoln and the MKZ. It is sad that one thing can ruin the party for everything else.
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 PM

I guess it's just me, but I like the front end, the lower fascia could use some work though.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Like I said before, give it the same front end design as the next generation MKS (as seen in renderings) and the MKX/MKC concept and people will love it.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 12:54 PM

After looing up the MKS rendering that MKZfan was speaking of I have to agree. The front end of the MKS rendering looks far better. Somehow it makes the grille design look better. I guess the big difference is that the slats go vertical instead of horizontal on the MKS. It makes a huge difference IMO.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcatraz View Post
After looing up the MKS rendering that MKZfan was speaking of I have to agree. The front end of the MKS rendering looks far better. Somehow it makes the grille design look better. I guess the big difference is that the slats go vertical instead of horizontal on the MKS. It makes a huge difference IMO.

You might be right about I was just looking at both. the MKS does look much better.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
personal preference. I like the front end personally.

Its not as bland and boring as other brands
Supersport79 likes this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfball View Post
personal preference. I like the front end personally.

Its not as bland and boring as other brands
I hate the design but i agree with you. It might be ugly to me, but it's different, it can't be compared to anything else in the industry. I guess this is the result of being different.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 03:42 PM

Different for the sake of being different is not good though. There is different bad, and different good. I don't think that the entire front end of the MKZ needs an overhaul but I do think that there are things that could be done to improve it. I say that because the MKS doesn't have the same bad look and has many of the same details. I think that Lincoln took a risk with the design of the front of the MKZ. I'm not sure if it is paying off for them.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
have you ever seen older Lincoln front ends? They've always had this kind of design cue. You should probably look into another brand.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The 2011 MKZ had kinda the same front end. It had a more blunt and flat front than the current MKZ that is more round. I think that it is a combination of the rounded end and the grille that is weird. If the shape or the grille were a bit different it would be better. Also changing the slats to facing downwards instead of across.