Exclamation 2013 Lincoln MKZ Engine Options

2.0-liter I-4 FWD/AWD
Horsepower: 240 premium fuel
Torque: 270 lb.-ft.

3.7-liter V6 FWD/AWD
Horsepower: 300
Torque: 277 lb.-ft.

2.0-liter I-4/Electric Hybrid FWD
Horsepower: 188 (combined engine and motor)
Torque: 141 (engine only)
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems like the MKZ hybrid has a detuned 2.0 Liter inline four engine since it puts out so much more less horsepower than the basemodel 2.0.

At least when you buy the basemodel MKZ, you get just as much torque as the MKZ V6 owners, I guess this might mean towing capacity between the base and V6 MKZ should be close.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am surprised how weak the hybrid is. I think for a car this heavy it might be a tad sluggish. What do you think?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfball View Post
I am surprised how weak the hybrid is. I think for a car this heavy it might be a tad sluggish. What do you think?
Yeah it is underopowered for sure the new MKZ is just a shy of 4000 lbs. And for a hybrid in this segment its porbably one of the slowest. Other competitors have engines that offer way more power and torque. Yes a HYBRID!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnftw View Post
Seems like the MKZ hybrid has a detuned 2.0 Liter inline four engine since it puts out so much more less horsepower than the basemodel 2.0.

At least when you buy the basemodel MKZ, you get just as much torque as the MKZ V6 owners, I guess this might mean towing capacity between the base and V6 MKZ should be close.

well this tells me that the 3.7L is under in torque range then if the four cylinder can achieve just as much. but for the 2.0L four cylinder to pump out that much torque is impressive.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
2.0-liter I-4 FWD/AWD
Horsepower: 240 premium fuel
Torque: 270 lb.-ft.
Of course it's crossing boundaries in to German grounds where you would have more torque than horsepower. Surprisingly this is just from their four cylinder. Although its just a four cylinder I wouldn't doubt it moves.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Well the MKZ needs an engine with a good range of torque capacity, the thing weighs so much. That is good though just for the MKZ base they needed that. From what I could remember in the previous generation of the MKZ those were beast.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radon View Post
Of course it's crossing boundaries in to German grounds where you would have more torque than horsepower. Surprisingly this is just from their four cylinder. Although its just a four cylinder I wouldn't doubt it moves.
well 270 lf-lb of torque in a 3500LBS car at most is a nice mix, the MKZ 4 cylinder will be a fun car to drive, i'll guarantee that.

Can't say the same for the hybrid though, it's going to be a cruiser, nothing you can expect to have fun highway pulls with
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM

For the types of consumers that will look in to buying the Hybrid won't care too much of power anyways so it's a good choice for them. that pretty much covers the greener side of the MKZ. For the 3.7L V6 that is were the real power is.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKZephyerstein View Post
For the types of consumers that will look in to buying the Hybrid won't care too much of power anyways so it's a good choice for them. that pretty much covers the greener side of the MKZ. For the 3.7L V6 that is were the real power is.
That's true, unfortunately Lincoln's still are the vehicle for retired people or just old people, very rarely will you see a young person say "i want that lincoln MKZ!" it just doesn't happen. Smooth driving cars is what lincoln is good at, and their engine options are good. Is that 3.7 V6 in any other Ford/Lincoln vehicles?